CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-BC-OBITS > 2009-03 > 1235976220

From: Obits-Only <>
Subject: [CAN-BC-OBITS] Vancouver Sun & The Province; February 19, 2009
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:43:40 -0800

Vancouver Sun & The Province; Thursday, February 19, 2009
remembering.ca > Vancouver home

Obituaries and Memoriam(s) for 02/19/2009
Page 1 of 1 (34 total results)

ANDERSON Douglas July 22, 1920 - February 16, 2009We give thanks for
the 88 years that Doug Anderson was given and the life he shared with
us. Born in Edinburgh, Scotland, he moved to Niagara Falls at a young
age where his lifelong passions of sport, family and Church were
formed. During his 40 years as a Presbyterian minister, he was loved
by his congregations in Neepawa, Manitoba; Perth, Ontario; Verdun,
Quebec and Chilliwack, B.C. Doug Anderson was a proud Rotarian for
almost 60 years and is a Paul Harris Fellow. He is survived by his
wife of 62 years Marie, his children Bob (Carol), Greg (Marnie),
Heather (Steve), grandchildren Claire, Anna, Kathy, Paul, Evan,
Kristin, Kate, Jeff and many nieces and nephews. Doug joins his
beloved son Ian who would have been celebrating his 45th birthday on
the day of Doug's passing. Honouring his commitment to church and
community, in lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to
the church of your choice. The service will be held at 1pm on
Saturday, February 21st at Cooke's Presbyterian Church, Chilliwack.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

AVERY Margaret "Margot" M.K.Passed away peacefully on February 13,
2009 at Peace Arch Hospital in her 95th year. Predeceased by her
husband Carman and survived by her son Brian (Deborah) and daughter
Judy (Terry), three granddaughters and six great- granddaughters.
Margot was born in Essex, England and served in the Nursing Corp of
the British Army during WWII. She came to Canada in 1947 as a war
bride and moved to Vancouver where she worked for many years as a
registered nurse at St. Vincent's Hospital and later Kelowna General
Hospital. Margot was a long time member of the A.C.W. She will be
remembered, for her kind and caring nature, years of service to the
community and great sense of humour. Memorial service to be held at
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, White Rock, B.C. on Tuesday, February
24, 2009 at 2pm. In lieu of flowers donations to the Canadian Cancer
Society.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

BEAN Dr. Helen Alice (nee Stutt) Dr. Helen Alice (nee Stutt) Bean, age
86, died peacefully at Vancouver General Hospital, surrounded by
family, February 8, 2009. Born April 12, 1922 in Moosomin,
Saskatchewan, daughter of the late Robert Leslie Stutt and Alice
(Knight) Stutt; loving sister to Joan Bird and Leslie Glazier, loving
wife of 55 years to Irwin Wesley Bean, MD (1916 - 1999). Graduated
University of Saskatchewan 1939, BSc and University of Manitoba, MD
1943. Served in the Canadian Army during the Second World War, rank of
Captain from January 1945 to April 1946 when she returned to Reserve
Status. She was an extremely accomplished woman who worked as a
radiation oncologist, researcher and educator. Professionally
committed throughout her life to medical practice which began at the
Allan Blair Memorial Cancer Clinic Regina, Saskatchewan 1946-1972.
Moving to Toronto in 1972, she joined the medical staff at the
Princess Margaret Hospital with a cross appointment to the University
of Toronto, School of Medicine. In addition to her professional
accomplishments, Helen was the dedicated mother to her three children.
She is survived by a daughter, Carol (Bean) Gibson, her spouse Byran
and son Thomas; a daughter Barbara (Bean) Ledger, her daughter Robin,
her son Andrew, his spouse Stella; a son Robert, his spouse Barbara
and daughter, Una. A celebration of her life will take place at St.
Mary's Anglican Church, Kerrisdale, Vancouver on Saturday, February 21
at 2 p.m. Donations in lieu of flowers may be sent to the Canadian
Cancer Society or to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/14/2009 - 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
Anna Billy February 9, 1939 - February 19, 2006 Peacefully sleeping,
resting at last, The world's weary troubles and trials are past; In
silence she suffered, in patience she bore. Till God called her home
to suffer no more. From her husband Richard, mother, grandmother,
great-granma, aunty and sister
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

CLARK Margaret Anne (nee Stafford) Margaret was born in Vancouver on
November 5, 1922, and died February 4, 2009. She was predeceased by
her husband, Harold Patrick Clark, sister Dorothy Munroe, and brother
William John Stafford. She is survived by sister Jacqueline Stafford,
sister-in-law Phyllis Stafford, nephew John (Deanna) Stafford,
great-nephew Connor Stafford, and niece Alison Stafford. No service by
request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/20/2009

COOPER Doris Irene October 3, 1919 - February 15, 2009Doris passed
away peacefully at home surrounded by her loving family. Predeceased
by her husband Willard, Doris will be greatly missed by her children
Anne, Dawn (Leo), and was a loving grandmother to Jessica, Jordan,
Erin and Will. Doris touched the lives of many through her church,
volunteer work and community service. A Memorial Service will be held
on Friday, February 20, at 1:30 at St. John the Divine Church at 3426
Smith Avenue, in Burnaby, with a reception to follow. In lieu of
flowers, please donate to the BC Cancer Society or the Heart & Stroke
Foundation.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
In Loving Memory of JEAN CAMPBELL CRANSWICK May 11, 1934 - February
19, 2003 "A bonnie lass she was" We do not need a special day To bring
you to our minds The days we do not think of you Are very hard to find
No farewell words were spoken No time to say "goodbye" You were gone
before we knew it and only God knows why When we awake each morning We
know that you are gone And no one knows the heartache As we try to
carry on A million times we've needed you A million times we've cried
If love alone could've saved you You never would have died If tears
could build a stairway And memories a lane We'd walk right up to
Heaven And bring you back again Our thoughts are always with you Your
place no one can fill In life, we loved you dearly In death, we love
you still Sadly missed by husband Harry, daughter Donna and son-in-law
Michael.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

deMILLE - Georgia R. (nee Kelly) Born July 11, 1938, passed away
February 14, 2009. Georgia lost her courageous battle with cancer on
the afternoon of February 14th at the Langley Hospice. She was
surrounded by family and loved ones when she peacefully slipped away.
Georgia was an inspiration and hero to many and will be truly missed
by all who knew and loved her. Georgia is survived by her beloved
Husband of 10 years, Ken; her daughters Leslie (Murray) and Lori; her
sons Greg (Julie) and Brad (Cindy); Granddaughters Tara (Kevin),
Kristi, Kailee and Sarah; her sister Cathy (Guy) and many other family
members. Georgia was predeceased by sister Jackie, husband Ken
Kristoff and husband Len Rathie. Private service for family will be
held on Friday, February 20th, 2:00pm at Henderson's Langley Funeral
Home, 20786 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC. A celebration of life will
follow, open to all who wish to attend, at the Langley Legion, 20702
Eastleigh Crescent Langley, BC. In lieu of flowers donations to the
Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
Bisun Deo Bisun Deo peacefully passed away on February 19, 2003. If
tears can build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to
heaven and bring you home again. As time goes by without you And days
turn into years They hold a million memories And a thousand silent
tears. To us you were so special What more is there to say Except to
wish with all our hearts That you were here today. So treasure him,
God, In your Garden of Rest For in our world He was the best. Forever
loved and sadly missed by wife Nirmala, sons Bimal & Vishaal, daughter
Pinky, daughters-in-law Rohini and Rita, son-in-law Rohit and 4
grandkids.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

DODGSON Mary Mary died peacefully 16 February 2009 at Evergreen
Baptist Home in White Rock, BC, with her three children at her
bedside. Mary was born June 23, 1918 in Langham, SK, one of 11
children of John and Anna Vogt. The family moved to the Vancouver area
in 1924. In 1940, Mary married Ernest Dodgson. Their first two
children were born in Dawson, YT and their third child in Vancouver
after their return in 1951. After her beloved Ernie died suddenly in
1973, Mary, at age 54, worked at Grace Hospital for 10 years to
support herself and prepare for her retirement. Mary will be missed by
her three children: Diana (Dewi), Wynona and Charles (Noreen), seven
grandchildren: Marianne (Dave), Jeanette (Keith), Doug, Shaun, David
(Hannah), Joshua (Simone) and Shoshanna (Jason) and five
great-grandchildren: Evan, Liam, Ryan, Katherine, Ariella. Her major
interests in life were music, her family and her church activities.
She and Ernie sponsored and ran a young people's group for many years.
The family would like to express their thanks to the staff of
Evergreen Baptist Home for the compassion and sensitive care they gave
Mary in her final years. A memorial service will be held at South
Langley Church, 20098 - 22nd Avenue, Langley at 11:30 am, Saturday,
February 21. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made
to the Alzheimer's Society.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

ELLIS Geraldine Claire October 6 1921 - February 5, 2009 Passed away
at Langley Hospital with her grandchildren at her side. She was the
dearest mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, aunt and the
kindest friend. One of the best whom God could lend. Loving,
thoughtful, gentle and true, always willing a kind act to do. She will
be missed by her family and friends. No service by request, a
celebration of life will be held February 28, 2009 at 6359 - 197A
Street, Surrey, BC, time 1 - 3. Bequests may be made to Kidney or Lung
Foundation.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/14/2009 - 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
FONG Frank Hermann September 30, 1967 - February 19, 2004You are
missed and remembered everyday Uncle Bankie, I will give your koala a
hug for you. - Christopher
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
Milt (Goodie) Goodman January 1, 1935 - February 19, 2008 Our time we
had with you goes far beyond your dash-, You had such a great lust for
life, and shared that with all you met. You touched all of us in so
many special ways. You were indeed bigger than life & the busiest man
on two feet. We miss you and cherish every moment we had together. You
are deep in our hearts and souls.. Love always & forever, Margie,
David, Joni, Jen, Duane,Joshua, Jacob xoxoxoxoxps. Thanks for the
dimes
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

HARVERSON Robert (Bob) Josiah May 30, 1922 - February 15, 2009Passed
away peacefully, aged 86, in the care of the Bradley Centre,
Chilliwack Hospital, surrounded by his family. He was predeceased by
his sister, two brothers and sister-in-law. Bob will be remembered
with love by his wife Jolyne (Babe) of 63 years, daughter Sheila (Rod)
Scoble, and son Ken (Elaine) Harverson. Precious memories will abide
with his 4 grandchildren Joselynne (Rob) Jaques, Angelique (Glenn)
Johnson, Naomi (Chad) Bjorgan and Rebekah (Colin) Seth including also
10 great-grandchildren. The family wishes to extend thanks to the
staff of the Bradley Centre for 7 years of loving care. No flowers by
request. Donations to the Heart & Stroke Foundation appreciated. A
memorial service will be held on Saturday, February 21st at 10:30am at
Henderson's Funeral Home, 45901 Victoria Street, Chilliwack
(604)792-1344.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/19/2009

HEMBROUGH Rose Irene (nee Varga, Koy) "Little Rose" Born in Lestock,
Saskatchewan on August 22, 1923, passed away peacefully February 15,
2009. Rose loved music. She played her guitar and sang most of her
life. She was little in stature but big in heart and made many
donations to a number of charitable organizations. A Celebration of
Life will be held Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 2:00 P.M. from
Burquitlam Funeral Home, 625 North Road, Coquitlam. Tea to follow at
the R.C. Legion Branch 133, 2675 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

HOLLICK-KENYON Robin Phillip It is with profound sadness we announce
that our dear Robin passed away suddenly on February 7th, 2009 at
Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC at the age of 68,
surrounded by his loving family. Robin was born July 6, 1940 in
Vernon, BC. Predeceased by parents Robin and Erena Hollick-Kenyon.
Survived by his loving wife Barbara of 34 years, sons Robin and David,
sister Isabelle (Ron) Charron, brother Richard (Sheila), nephew
Michael Charron, nieces Angela Charron, Melody and Laurie
Hollick-Kenyon, and many extended family and friends. The
Hollick-Kenyon family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to
the doctors and nurses of the ICU department for the loving care they
gave Robin during that time. May God be with them. The memorial
service will be held at St. Agnes Church, 530 E. 12 St., North
Vancouver, BC on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:00pm. If family and friends
so desire donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
"It was far too soon at the tender age of 68, far too short. It gives
great peace knowing we will see you again when it's our time and God
calls us home." OUR LOVE ALWAYS
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/19/2009 - 2/20/2009

HRGOVIC Stipo May 17, 1914 - February 15, 2009Stipo was born in
Caprazlije, Bosnia and passed away peacefully at Burnaby Hospital.
Survived by his loving, wife, Matija, son: Josip-Dugi (Ina), daughter:
Ivanka (Martin), grandchildren: Josip (Mary), Tony (Lidiya) and Joseph
(Christina), and numerous relatives and friends in Canada and Croatia.
Funeral Mass at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 20, 2009 at Immaculate
Heart of Mary (Croatian Church), 3105 East 1st Ave., Vancouver, B.C.
In lieu of flowers donations to the Burnaby Hospital Foundation would
be appreciated. Condolences may be offered to the family at
www.bellburnaby.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/19/2009
Notice • Guest Book

(Memoriam)
EMILY INGLIS February 19th 1990 - June 1st 2002 Especially thinking of
you on what would have been your 19th birthday. We miss the exuberant,
daring, clever, challenging, lively, stubborn, confident, fiercely
independent child that you were. We mourn the person you never had the
opportunity to become, the achievements you surely would have had and
the lifetime of experiences missed. We thank you for the lessons
learned, of life and of ourselves and know we are profoundly changed
for having known you. Always in our Thoughts Always in our Hearts Rod,
Rhea, Ryan, Teagan
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

LOWEY Ashley Ashley Lowey went to be among God's angels on February
16, 2009, at the age of 16, after an incredibly courageous battle with
cancer. Although a short life, it was a life which led many to
beautiful places. Throughout her fight she was an inspiration - a
teacher. Ashley is survived by her parents, Darcy and Lori, three
sisters: Christy, Stefanny and Brittanny, grandparents, aunts, uncles,
cousins, many friends and her beloved dog, Sophy. The Lowey family
wish to express their gratitude to the medical teams at BC Children's
Hospital and Abbotsford Regional Hospital for their tender loving
care, as well as the spiritual care and guidance from the Cascade
Community Church family. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to
either oncology research at BCCH or the SPCA. Ashley, we love you. "I
will never leave you or forsake you." Heb 13:5. A Celebration of Life
will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Cascade
Community Church, 35190 Delair Road, Abbotsford. Online tributes for
Ashley can be made at www.MeM.com Henderson's Funeral Home
604-854-5534
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

MARSHALL Wilfred Brenton Regina, Sask. October 19, 1910 - February 14,
2009, Burnaby, BCAfter a full and productive life, Wilf went to be
with the Lord at age 98. Among his many gifts, he served faithfully as
a pastor, a Bible school teacher, and a founder and manager of an
assisted living facility. The last two years of his life he had the
joy of living in Courtyard Terrace, the very place that he had helped
build and then manage for so many years. Several years after his
loving wife, Florence, died, he married Esther Loland. They were ages
80 and 81 and had 14 happy years together before Esther passed away at
age 96. Pop leaves to mourn his stepchildren and their families: Ron
(Ruth) Loland, Gerry Thompson, Harvey Loland, Marilyn Loland, Sharon
DiSanto, Phil (Gail) Loland, Gayle (Toby) Steeves; and his nephew
Arthur (Sandra) Colebourne and family. Viewing at Hamilton-Harron
Funeral Centre, 5390 Fraser, Vancouver, Monday, February 23, 11:00 AM
to 12:30 PM. Graveside service at Mountain View Cemetery, 5455 Fraser
(at 41st), Vancouver, 1 PM. In lieu of flowers gifts can be made to
"The Wilfred B. Marshall Scholarship Fund", Trinity Western
University, 7600 Glover Road, Langley, V2Y 1Y1 or online at www.twu.ca
.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

MARYSCHUK Florence Passed away in Kelowna, BC on February 16, 2009.
Service will be held on Saturday, February 21st at 1:00 pm at
Springfield Funeral Home, 2020 Springfield Road, Kelowna, BC.
Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting
www.springfieldfuneralhome.com , 250-860-7077.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

MATHESON Kathleen Kelso (nee Firth) Kathleen Kelso Matheson (nee
Firth), of Sechelt, BC, passed away peacefully February 8th, 2009. It
is with many wonderful memories that we say goodbye to Kaye: loving
wife to Bill for 61 years; sister to Helen; mother to Sybil, Dyan and
Janet; grandmother to Rachel, Emily, Amy, Lindsay and Alex; and great-
grandmother to Brayden and Kaleb. She will be missed by her family and
friends who had the privilege of being part of her long and full life.
Kaye was born in Campbellton, NB, met and married Bill in 1947.
Together they made their home in New Brunswick and Maine, Vancouver,
and in retirement, Sechelt, BC. One accomplishment that Kaye was most
proud of was returning to work after a 25 year child rearing hiatus to
become manager of W.H. Smith Books in West Vancouver. Her family will
fondly remember her most for her wonderful wit, knowledge of current
affairs and sense of fair play. She enjoyed the important things in
life: friends on both the East and West Coast, a rewarding game of
golf, summer days at Baker Lake, a "good read", sitting on the patio
in Sechelt's summer sun watching life on Davis Bay, and welcoming her
family when they visited. Kaye's memorial service will be held
Saturday, February 21 at 1:30 p.m. at St. John's United Church, Davis
Bay. In honor of Kaye, a memorial fund has been set up through St.
Mary's Hospital Foundation, Totem Lodge in support of staff education
and Totem's residential recreational program. A very special thank you
is extended to the staff of Totem Lodge who cared for Kaye with
compassion, and to Nova Scotia Cathy, who helped Kaye laugh often. Say
not in grief: "she is no more", but live in thankfulness that she was.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

MATSUMOTO Howard July 15, 1974 - February 14, 2009It is with great
sadness that we announce the passing of Howard Matsumoto who was taken
by God on Valentine's Day. Howard is survived by his loving family and
many extended family and friends. Howard was an outgoing and happy
person who made a difference in the lives of many. He was an active
member of his church, a dedicated coach for the Little Mountain
baseball team, a committed volunteer in our community, and a wonderful
loving son and brother. A celebration of his life will be held at
1:00pm on Friday, February 20th at Oakridge United Church located at
305 W. 41st Avenue. Should you wish to make a donation to the family;
a portion of the proceeds will be given to charity.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

MORRIS Scott David September 27, 1988 - February 12, 2009It is with
great sadness that we share the tragic news that Scott David Morris,
beloved son of Janet and Ken Morris, brother of Pamela, died in his
sleep at home last Thursday, February 12th, 2009 after a courageous
and inspiring eight-year struggle with epilepsy. Scott was born at the
BC Women's Hospital in Vancouver, B.C. and lived his entire life in
Richmond, B.C. attending the French Immersion program at Whiteside and
McRoberts Schools. The family wishes to express their gratitude for
the care, kindness and support provided to Scott by many school staff
during some very difficult years. Scott loved life and lived it to the
fullest. He was an outstanding goalie in rep. hockey and was an
accomplished guitarist. He loved music and enjoyed going to rock
concerts, most recently Metallica. He had half-season tickets to
attend the Canucks hockey games and supported them as they supported
him, during the times he was hospitalized at BC Children's Hospital.
He cherished a particular memory when Trevor Linden had an extended
visit with him in hospital. In his youth, Scott loved to ski at
Whistler/Blackcomb. The family vacationed regularly at their condo in
the Bayshores and had season ski tickets at Blackcomb. Their close
friends, Bill and Joanne McConnachie and their children, Brendan and
Devon, were frequent visitors. Scott loved to travel and most recently
vacationed in Hawaii and was looking forward to travelling to Europe.
Scott enjoyed the benefit of having many close friends and relatives
and was loved deeply by all. He was truly a charmer and will be
remembered for never complaining about his personal circumstances. His
personal email address sums it up: "Don't look back in anger". He will
be fondly remembered for his kindness, thoughtfulness, integrity,
intelligence and love. The family wishes to acknowledge the support
provided to Scott by Dr. Mary Connolly, Head of the Neurology
Department, and the staff of BC Children's Hospital and the Vancouver
Canucks organization. Scott is survived by his parents, Janet and Ken
Morris (Richmond), his sister Pamela Morris (London, England); his
uncles and aunts, Steve and Denise Morris (Burnaby), Brad and Janine
Morris (Chilliwack), Dave and Helen Underwood (Fruitvale), Steve and
Kelly Morissette (Fruitvale), Julie LeRose (Delta); his cousins,
Amanda and Lisa Morris (Burnaby), Joey Underwood (Fruitvale), Chris
Morissette (Fruitvale), Garry Morissette (Toronto), Mike Morissette
(Fruitvale), Jake Morissette (Amarillo, Texas), Ginger Steven (Trail),
Jeremy LeRose (Victoria) and "Nanny" Carol VanRyn (Surrey). Please
join the family in a celebration of Scott's life by attending a
memorial service on Saturday, February 21st, 2009 at 1:00 pm at the
Richmond Funeral Home, 8420 Cambie Road, Richmond, B.C. In lieu of
flowers, those who wish may donate to the Neurology Department at BC
Children's Hospital, 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 3V4.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/19/2009

MOWAT Sally Taken from us suddenly at her home in Aldergrove, BC, on
Sunday, February 15, 2009 at the age of 58 years. Sally is survived by
Jimmy, her loving husband of 33 years. She leaves, also, her children,
Julie (Al), James (Leslie), and Lyndsay, as well as her grandchildren,
Chase and Reid. She will be sadly missed, also, by her extended
family, both in Canada and England and her many dear friends. At
Sally's request, no formal service is planned, but for those desiring,
donations made in her memory to Ronald McDonald House, or a Charity of
your own choosing would be most appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

NEUFELD George Peacefully passed away at Grace Villa on February 16,
2009 in his 88th year. George was born in Manitoba on September 5th,
1921, he had many brothers and sisters, many of whom have passed away.
George served his country in Europe in WWII, protecting our freedom.
George was a cabinet maker/carpenter by trade. Arrangements entrusted
to the M.A. Clark & Sons Funeral Home (905) 383-3323.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

REEVE Norma June 18, 1921 - February 6, 2009Our beloved mother went
home to heaven 10 days after a fall. Mom lived her life serving God by
caring for others. She was a beloved teacher in Surrey Schools for 20
years. She is survived by her 5 children: Joan Braunberger, Elaine
(Ken) Ruttan, Beth (Harvey) Peters, Gordon (Donna) Dick (Sharon), 13
grandchildren, 37 great-grandchildren, 2 brothers and 2 sisters. She
was predeceased by our dad Grahame Reeve in 1967. A memorial service
was held February 11 in Sardis. Memorial donations can be made to
Psalm 23 in Abbotsford.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/17/2009 - 2/19/2009

SAKAMOTO Nancy Natsue We are deeply sad to announce the passing of our
beloved mother, aunt and friend Nancy, who passed away suddenly but
peacefully at Richmond Hospital on February 15, 2009. Predeceased by
her husband Roy. Survived by her sons Jay (Lily and Alex) and
Terrence, brother Yasuo Nakano (Min), sisters Misao Atagi and Daisy
Kosaka (Dennis), sisters-in-law Min Sakamoto and Peggy Nakano, and
many nieces and nephews. Born in Steveston, B.C. on July 1, 1928, our
mom was devoted to her family and loved gardening, teddy bears and
long walks on the dyke. Her warm smile and sense of humour will be
profoundly missed by all who knew her. A private family service will
be held at 11 AM on Friday, February 20 at Richmond Funeral Home, 8420
Cambie Road, Richmond. Koden and flowers are graciously declined; in
lieu we encourage you to make a donation to the charity of your
choice.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

SCHNELLER Annie (nee Troje) Safe in the arms of Jesus in our Saviour's
home above, you were the best mom and grandma... This elegant lady,
our beloved "Oma" was born January 5, 1923 in Pollandl/Toplice in
Slovenia (Gottschee county) passed away February 13, 2009 at Vancouver
General Hospital in the arms of family. She recently had her 86th
birthday. From her earliest days Annie was known for her wisdom,
intelligence, determination and caring. Predeceased by devoted husband
Albin in 1978; survived by her beloved daughter Ingrid and grandson
Christopher, sister Rose Kienleitner, brother John Troje,
sister-in-law Inge Troje, cousin Karl Moschner (NY) and Maria Resei
(Austria), devoted niece Monika Kienleitner, nephews Alfred
Kienleitner and Peter Troje. Educated as a teacher, Annie worked at
VGH in the 1950s and was devoted to her family, always available to
care for those in need. Driving around Mt. Pleasant in her classic
Sports Fury, she was well-known in the community and will be missed by
many people she touched over the years. Viewing at Hamilton Harron
Funeral Home at 5390 Fraser Street at 3pm Thursday, February 19.
Memorial service at 11 am on Friday, February 20 at St. John's
Shaughnessy Church in Vancouver at 1490 Nanton Avenue. Graveside
service at 1pm on February 20 at Mountain View Cemetery (north
entrance at 33rd Avenue). Flowers may be sent to St. John's
Shaughnessy Church.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/18/2009 - 2/19/2009

SPENCE Peter Alexander "Alex" Passed away peacefully February 13, 2009
at Langley Memorial Hospital, Langley BC. Born December 21, 1918 in
Springburn, Glasgow, Scotland. Predeceased by his first wife, Margaret
"Peggy" Steedman and second wife Helen Anderson Hogg. Survived by his
two nephews in Scotland, Ian McNair (Allison) and Alistair McNair
(Anne) two nieces Margaret Hamilton (George) of Brockville, Ontario,
and Sheila Brehn (the late George) of Montreal. Stepdaughter, Leslie
Worobiej (Roman) of Surrey, BC, and stepson, Douglas Hogg (Wendy) of
Cranbrook, BC and their families. Served 6 years in WWII with the
Cameronian Scottish Rifles as Company Sergeant Major and body guard to
the Queen Mother at Balmoral. No service by request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/17/2009 - 2/19/2009

(Memoriam)
STANICKY - In loving memory of Gene who passed away February 19, 2007.
2 years have passed since that sad day When one we loved was called
away, God took him home - it was His will; Within our hearts he liveth
still. - Sadly missed by sister Judy.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

VIRDI Ma Su 1917 - 2009Ma Su passed away peacefully on February 15,
2009 at Burnaby General Hospital. Predeceased by husband Stanley, son
Noel, and daughter Bessie. She is survived by daughters Sheila,
Cynthia, son Joe and six grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, donations
to Collingwood Baptist Church would be welcome.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 2/19/2009

WELCH Bonnie (Cherry Blossom) July 11th, 1936 - February 17th, 2009It
is with much sadness that the family of Bonnie Welch have to inform
you of her passing on the morning of Tuesday, February 17th. She went
peacefully in the arms of her family. She was and always will be the
best wife, mother and grandmother anyone could ever have. Throughout
the last three years, no matter how hard things got for her, she never
complained and was always tickety boo. Her only concerns were for
those around her. She loved everyone and always had a kind word, a
helping hand and a big smile for all. Bonnie is survived by Mel, her
loving husband of 53 and 3/4 years, her children Sherry and (Dale)
Lidstone, Wendy and (Doug) Nicholls, Mickey and (Betty) Welch, her
grandchildren Katrina Nicholls, D-Jay and (Sabrina) Nicholls, Willie
and (Lisa) Welch, Josh and (Steph) Welch and Jeremy Welch, her
great-grandsons Deigan Nicholls and Jaden and Logan Welch, her sister
Shirley Izon, numerous family and friends including her best friend
Daisie Derewenko. Bonnie will be deeply missed by all who knew and
loved her. A celebration of Bonnie's life will be held at her home on
Saturday, February 21st, 2009 at 5927 - 184th Street, Cloverdale,
B.C., open house starting at 10 a.m.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/19/2009 - 2/20/2009

WILSON Wilma Jayne January 3, 1919 - February 15, 2009 On February 15
Wilma passed away in Vancouver at the age of 90. Left to cherish her
memory is her sister Iona Parsons, nieces Wendy, Shelagh, Lia, and
Jennifer and nephew Kerry. At Wilma's request there will be no service
- cremation has taken place. Donations in Wilma's honor can be made to
the BC Lung Association.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 2/19/2009 - 2/20/2009

This thread: