CAN-MONTREAL-IRISH-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-MONTREAL-IRISH > 2009-06 > 1245158560

From: "Lynn Grice" <>
Subject: [Montreal-Irish] Notaries in Quebec circa 1850
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:22:40 -0400

Fergus and fellow researchers,

Is there a listing of notaries in practice in Terrebonne County in the years
1850 - 1855? Perhaps it would help me narrow down my search.

My CAREY ancestors (Patrick Carey and Elizabeth Murphy) appear in the 1851
Quebec census in Terrebonne County, Parish of Lacorne (New Glasgow).
However, no rang number is given on the census page. I've determined that
the family moved to New York State in the Spring of 1854 and thought there
might be a land transfer record at that time.
Any suggestions as to how to locate such a record would be most appreciated.

Lynn

This thread: