CAN-NB-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-NB-OBITS > 2009-03 > 1236442663

From: "D C" <>
Subject: [CAN-NB-OBITS] Urquhart, Holburn, Haney, Hetherington, Grant
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 12:17:43 -0400

February 21, 2002

Listing ID 46136

Malcolm (Mac) Frederick Urquhart 1943-2002 The death of Malcolm (Mac) Urquhart, husband of Muriel, occurred as the result of an accident at his home on Tuesday February 19th. Born in Saint John, he was the son of Lillian (Brittain) Urquhart of Saint John and the late Frederick Howland Urquhart. Malcolm had retired as an Installation and Repair Supervisor from NBTel in July of 1998 after 37 years service. He attended Allison Baptist Church where he had been a Moderator and Secretary of the Church Board. In Saint John he had been past deacon and secretary of the Board of Waterloo Street Baptist Church. He had been a member of the Canadian Air Cadets Simonds 527 Squadron, an assistant scout leader while in Saint John, a member of the Ignitors Car Club in Rothesay and a member of the NB Vintage Motorcycle Group. A Past Secretary, Director and Auditor of the Prosper Credit Union in Saint John, Past President and secretary of the Lake Petitcodiac Lions Club, Past Zone Chairman 41N1 Zone of the Lions Club, a 26 year Committee member of the Moncton Chamber of Commerce. He had been an active volunteer with the Computers for Schools Program, a Past President and Chapter 51 President of the Telephone Pioneers, a Coordinator for BMX and Flat Track Moto-cross Racing in the Moncton Area. He had been a member of the St. Martins Lodge F and AM #30, a member of Coverdale Masonic Lodge #52 and he was a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason in Moncton as well as a past member of the Fidelity Chapter Eastern Star in Riverview. After his retirement he remained active by working part time with Argus Telecom of Montreal and conducting training programs for NBTel. In addition to his wife Muriel (Stronach) he is survived by his mother Lillian Urquhart of Saint John, his daughter Kelli Lynn and his son Ross Malcolm both of Moncton; a step son, John Edward Chandler (Judi) of Saint John; one sister Janice Waldschutz (Christopher) of Saint John; his brother Gary H. (Lois) of Saint John; two step grandchildren Justin MacGregor Chandler and Alli Lynn Chandler; his wife's sister and husband Marian Cardillo (John) of Mass.; several nieces and nephews and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Visitation in Moncton was held at Fair Haven Funeral Home ,1177 Salisbury Rd. Moncton on Wednesday evening, where a Masonic Memorial Service was conducted by Coverdale Lodge #52 F and A M. Visitation on Thursday from 2-4 and 7 -9 pm at Brenan's Funeral Home, 111 Paradise Row with funeral service to be held in Brenan's Chapel on Friday February 22nd at 1 pm with interment in Ocean Memorial Gardens. www.fairhavenfh.com www.seaofmemories.com

source: Telegraph-Journal

October 18, 2008

Listing ID 173946

HOLBURN, LEONA "BABE" The funeral of Leona "Babe" Holburn, widow of Murray Holburn, was held from Fitzpatrick's Funeral Home to St. Pius X Church where Mass of Christian Burial was con-celebrated by Rev. Brian Keating, C.S.C., and Rev. Douglas McNeill. The lay readers were Joseph Finnigan and Michael Keating. The pallbearers were Mark Finnigan, Kevin Finnigan, Sean Finnigan, Michael Calvin, Thomas Watts, and Scott Holburn. Among the numerous floral tributes received were those from Staff of J. F. Taylor Enterprises Ltd.; and Local 786. A donation to the Alzheimer Society of New Brunswick was received from Dr. Jeff Clark and Staff Grand Bay Professional Center. A donation to Community Meals on Wheels was received from the Staff and Board of Directors of Community Meals on Wheels. A donation to the Children's Wish Foundation was received from the Management A donation to the Canadian Cancer Society was received from Paul Zed and Children and the Saint John Federal Liberal Association. A donation to St. Vincent's Alumnae Scholarship Fund was received from St. Vincent's Alumnae Association. A donation to the Leslie Bruce Environmental Scholarship was received from Michael H. Bruce/Atlantic Insurance. Donations were also received to Sleeping Children Around the World; South End Day Care Centre; Hospice of Greater Saint John; Romero House-Soup Kitchen; the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation; the Saint John Boys and Girls Club; and the Animal Rescue League. Interment took place in St. Joseph's Cemetery with prayers at the grave by Father Keating assisted by Father McNeill. The family would like to offer a very special thank-you to all the workers at Loch Lomond Villa who took such special care of "Babe" over the last six years. www.fitzpatrickfh.com

source: The Daily Gleaner

October 18, 2008

Listing ID 173754

HANEY: In loving memory of "My Sister" and "Best Friend" Mary Joanne who passed away at home on October 19, 2006 If tomorrow starts without me And I'm not here to see... If the sun should shine and find your eyes filled with tears for me It broke my heart to leave you, Though I fought so hard to stay. I know how much you loved me, And I know you miss me too. Please try to understand... That God came and called my name And took me by the hand And said my place was ready In His promised land. So when tomorrow starts without me Don't think we're far apart... For every time you think of me, I'm right here in your heart. Sadly Missed and thought of daily Brother, Murray

source: Miramichi Leader

October 17, 2008

Listing ID 173664

Mr. Murray Richard Hetherington Mr. Murray Richard Hetherington, husband of Jean Hetherington of 5550 Derby Jct NB, passed away Wednesday evening at Miramichi Regional Hospital, at the age of 78. Born in Quarryville, he was the son of the late Allan & Christina (Duffy) Hetherington. He was a retired mechanic and a member of the United Baptist Church. He was an avid stock car enthusiast. Besides his wife, Jean, he is survived by one daughter; Joan Knox (Robert) of Fredericton; Wayne (Connie) Hetherington of Derby Jct.; three sisters; Doris Furlong (Sterling) of Quarryville; Violet Ingram (John) of Toronto ON; Florence Connors (Arthur) of Boom Road; three brothers; Donald (Bertha) Hetherington of London, ON; Monty (Linda) Hetherington of Quarryville; Brian (Anna) Hetherington of Mount St Joseph; 2 grandchildren; Jessica Knox and Colby Hetherington. Besides his parents he was predeceased by three brothers; Ronald, Thurman and Alvin. Mr. Murray Richard Hetherington rested at Davidson's Funeral Home, 597 Old King George Hwy, Miramichi, with visitation on Friday from 2 to 4pm & 7 to 9pm. The Funeral Service was held Saturday October 11, 2008, at 11 a.m. from Davidson's Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Daniel Cormier officiating. Organist Shirley Estey led the congregation in "Love Divine". Soloist John Chute rendered "Safe in the Arms of God". A eulogy was given by Linda Hetherington. Burial followed in Miramichi Cemetery. At the request of the family donations to New Brunswick Diabetic Association, Newcastle United Baptist Church Renewal Fund, or a memorial of ones choice would be appreciated. Active Pallbearers were: Zean Dutcher, Charlie McCully, Arlie Sherrard, Wayne Silliker, Bobby Tozer and Lindsey Tozer. Honorary Pallbearers were: James Cortes, Brian Creamer, Rod Deveaux, Marcel Doucette, Chris McCrae and Jamie Wilkinson. Arrangements in care of Davidson's Funeral Home (622-7464).

source: Bugle-Observer

October 17, 2008

Listing ID 173640

GRANT - In loving memory of our mother, Ethel Grant, who passed away Oct. 4, 2003. We cried the day we lost you, Many a silent tear since then. For we not only lost our mother, We lost our very best friend. Always loved and remembered, Daughter Irene, son-in-law Murray, Daughter Ruth, son-in-law Donald, Daughter Laura, son-in-law Frank, Daughter Becky, son-in-law John, Son Walter, wife Elizabeth, Son Donnie, wife Edna, Son Donald Grant, Son Levi Grant, Son Steven, wife Annie, Son Robert, wife Pam.

source: Telegraph-Journal

This thread: