CAN-NB-STJOHN-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-NB-STJOHN > 2010-12 > 1293830776

From: "Karen Phillips" <>
Subject: [NB-St.John] Daivd, Isaac, Louis Komiensky - 1894 to . . . 1911
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:26:16 -0500

Hello and Happy New Year!!!!

I am trying (very hard!) to learn the parents of the following:

David Komiensky (Cummings) b. July 4, 1871 (Russia)

Isaac Komiensky b. 1859

Louis Komiensky b. ??

Louis could be Isaac's son - there was one that married Ida Mayer.

David, Isaac and Louis are shown on the Saint John City Directory 1894-1895
and then 1896. But in 1894-1895 they were all living together at 713 Main.

They were of the Jewish Faith.

David first married Elizabeth Beatrice (Bella) Howe that died in 1900 and
then Esther Miriam Saxe (Saacs) in 1902.

I have scoured the online indexes (which are fantastic) . . . census, vital
records, cemetery records, etc.

David is the one I am mainly interested in. He died in Quebec in June 19,
1940. I believe Isaac died there also and they are all buried in the Back
River Memorial Gardens Cemetery.

Unfortunately the marriage record of David and Esther in 1902 did not list
his parents names.

Is there anyone local that might be able to assist me in locating David's
parents? There must be a synagogue record of the marriage.

In 1896 David helped from the Congregation Ahavath Achim synagogue in St.
John.

I sure hope to hear from someone. It might be my New Year's surprise. I'm
keeping my fingers crossed.

Karen Phillips

This thread: