CAN-ONT-LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ONT-LANARK > 2003-03 > 1048114099

From: "MaxandMarilynSutherland" <>
Subject: Re: [Can-Ont-Lanark] 1871 Census North Elmsley
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:48:19 -0500

Gary:

Spotted your name, and couldn't resist asking:

Are you a descendant of the "Zachariah Darby of Bathurst" who narried a
Letitia O'Brien (sometimes spelled "Brien") in the 1860s or 1870s, and moved
to the St. Thomas, Ontario area? He was a cabinetmaker.

I'm very interested in Letitia and anything about her. She was a daughter
of Hugh O'Brien, one of the very earliest settlers in Darling township,
Lanark County; and I've been researching those early immigrantss in that
township for the past 11 years. Would appreciate hearing from you.

Max Sutherland
Ottawa