CAN-ONT-LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ONT-LANARK > 2007-04 > 1176044632

From: "MAX SUTHERLAND" <>
Subject: Re: [CAN-ONT-LANARK] Whittons
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:03:52 -0400

Folks:

Don't wish to be picky, but since I'm very fond of the fascinating (and
extensive) immigrant Whitten family from the parishes of Lesmahagow and
Glasgow, I'd point out - as Carleen well knows - that they consistently
spelled their name "Whitten" even if censustakers didn't always follow suit.
They aren't related at all to the "Whitton" families of the Ottawa, Renfrew
and Toronto areas.

Cheers.

Max
(Ottawa, Canada)