CAN-SASKATCHEWAN-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-SASKATCHEWAN > 2009-08 > 1251203039

From: Heather Canevaro <>
Subject: Re: [CAN-SASKATCHEWAN] MILES in Moosejaw 1911
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 06:23:59 -0600

Hello Bonnie,

Not sure exactly what you are looking for so will just give you what I
was able to find.

Here is a link to a map of the area Charles lived in. The census says he
was at township 17 range 24. On this map the township numbers run up the
map vertically and the range numbers from right to left. You have to
fill in the squares where the numbers are missing-:). 17 24 is near
Eastview or Stoney Beach
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~skwheat/moosejaw1924.gif

You can send away for Charles Homestead records here. They make very
interesting reading as you see how the family tried to wrest a farm from
the bald prairie
http://www.saskhomesteads.com/results.asp

You may be able to look at burials for this area at your local LDS
Family History center The RM of Pense # 160 has most of it's cemeteries
filmed including Stoney Beach and Belle Plain. Likely Burial sites if
there had been a death in the family.

I didn't find Charles listed in any of the online cemetery and burial
info. I didn't see Charles in the Soldiers of WW1 either. Is it possible
they returned to ON? Life on the Saskatchewan prairies was pretty hard
and a lot of folks who came to homestead decided it wasn't for them and
returned home.

Good Luck with your search
Heather