CANADA-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CANADA-OBITS > 2006-01 > 1137129909

From: "mclean" <>
Subject: OBITS: The Orangeville Banner; Orangeville, Ontario; Jan 12, 2006
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:25:09 -0500

Hi

The format has changed in The Banner, so my email looks a little different too (I think) At this point in my life, I seem to have only have time for cutting and pasting, so I apolize to those who are not fond of the way this looks, but it is better than not at all. Also, there did not seem to be a date on the page-- so I used today's-- if I remember correctly (and if things have not changed since I left town 27 years ago, the Banner comes out on Wednesdays-- so I am assuming these obits were published this week.

Happy Hunting--- Cindy

**************************************

BLANCHENOT, Susan Evelyn Passed away suddenly in Orangeville on Wednesday, December 21st, 2005; Susan Combe in her 61st year; wife of the late Graham Blanchenot; loved daughter of John and the late Evelyn Combe; cherished mother of Chris and his wife Suzanne Blanchenot, Kerry-Sue Baltzer and her husband Chad; loving grandmother of Tyler; daughter-in-law of Mary and the late Roy Blanchenot Sister of Jean, Ian and Liz Combe; sister-in-law of Martin and Judy Blanchenot, Pauline and Trevor Owens. Sue will be sadly missed by her other relatives and close friends as well. More than she could ever imagine. Think of her often and know she's thinking you.

A Celebration of life will be held at the Dods & McNair Funeral Home & Chapel, 21 First St., Orangeville on Sunday, January 8, 2006 from 1:00 - 3 p.m

As expressions of sympathy donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated

A tree has been planted in memory of Susan in the Dods & McNair Memorial Forest at the Island Lake Conservation Area, Orangeville

A dedication service will be held on Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 2:30 p.m

(Condolences may be offered to the family at www.dodsandmcnair.com)

**********************

CRAGO, Margaret May Peacefully at the Grey Bruce Health Services in Owen Sound on Saturday, December 31st, 2005

In her 94th year, Margaret M Crago (nee Hunter), the beloved wife of the late Jack F Crago

The loving mother of David Crago and his wife Francene, of Chatsworth

Fondly remembered by her nieces and nephews

Predeceased by her five brothers Harold, Kenneth, Gordon, Norman and Bert Hunter

Friends called at the Breckenridge-Ashcroft Funeral Home on Wednesday from 12:30pm to 1:30pm

A funeral service was held at the funeral home on Wednesday afternoon at 1:30pm

Rev David Shearman officiating

Interment in Greenwood Cemetery

As an expression of sympathy, memorial donations to either the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation or to the Summit Place Residents Fund would be appreciated by the family.

***************************

Martin, Pearl Edith, nee Smith Peacefully at Headwaters Health Care Centre, Shelburne Site on Tuesday January 3rd, 2006 in her 96th year; beloved wife of the late Ernest Martin (1978); loving mother of John (Jack) Martin and his wife Ruby of Caledon, Margaret Thompson and her husband Alex of Shelburne and Edward (Ted) and his wife Sharon of Orangeville; dear grandmother of 9 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren; predeceased by her brother Chester Smith and her great grandson Todd

Friends called at the Dods & McNair Funeral Home & Chapel 21 First St

Orangeville (519-941-1392) on Thursday from 2-4 p.m & 7-9 p.m

Funeral Service was held in the chapel on Friday January 6th, 2006 at 11:00 a.m

As expressions of sympathy donations to the Headwaters Health Care Centre, the Alton United Church or a charity of your choice would be appreciated

A tree has been planted in memory of Mr and Mrs Martin in the Dods & McNair Memorial Forest at the Island Lake Conservation Area, Orangeville

A dedication service will be held on Sunday, September 10th, 2006 at 2:30 p.m

(Condolences may be offered to the family at www.dodsandmcnair.com)

****************************
MINARD, EDWARD (ED) Peacefully at Headwaters Health Care Centre, Orangeville, on Sunday, January 1, 2006, Ed Minard, Orangeville, in his 64th year, beloved husband of Sue (Ross) Minard

Loving father of Brent, Craig and his fiance Tonya

Dear brother of Irene Laycox, Isabel Valotaire, Ruby White, Kaye Hotten and Wilma Barrett

The family received their friends at the Egan Funeral Home Baxter & Giles Chapel, 273 Broadway, Orangeville (519-941-2630) from Wednesday afternoon

Funeral service was held in the chapel on Thursday, January 5 at 2 o'clock

Followed by cremation

If desired, memorial donations may be made to the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Ontario, Dufferin Chapter, 204-21 Surrey St

W., Guelph N1H 3R3 or the Canadian Cancer Society

Condolences for the family may be offered at www.eganfuneralhome.com

SIMS, VALERIE JOAN Peacefully at Headwaters Health Care Centre, Orangeville, on Saturday, December 24, 2005, Valerie Bagnell, in her 76th year, beloved wife of the late Albert C Sims, Orangeville. Loving mother of Andrew and Diann, Ian and Lisa

Cherished grandmother of Adam, Karen, Jacob and Katlyne

Family and friends are invited to attend a celebration of Valerie¹s life to be held at her home, 70 Orange Mill Court, Orangeville, on Saturday, January 14 from 1 to 5 o¹clock

If desired, memorial donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society

Arrangements by Egan Funeral Home Baxter & Giles Chapel, 273 Broadway, Orangeville (519-941-2630)

Condolences for the family may be made at www.eganfuneralhome.com

This thread: