CANADA-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CANADA-OBITS > 2009-06 > 1245963841

From: Dennice Goudie <>
Subject: [CANADA-OBITS] Vancouver Sun and/or The Province, June 21, 2009
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:04:01 -0700

Vancouver Sun and/or The Province, June 21, 2009
remembering.ca > Vancouver home

Obituaries and Memoriam(s) for 6/21/2009
Page 1 of 1 (54 total results)

BAERG Otto George Passed away on June 17, 2009 at 63 years of age.
Survived by his loving wife, May; step-children, Christie (Cailean)
and David (Jennifer), grandchildren, brothers and sisters. A
Celebration of Life will be held at 1:30pm on June 26, 2009 at
Coquitlam Presbyterian Church, 948 Como Lake Avenue, Coquitlam. In
lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the BC Lung Association.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

BAGOT Leslie (Les) January 17, 1928 - June 15, 2009 Passed away
peacefully at age 81. He is survived by his beloved wife Duane.
Daughters Donna and her husband Bill, Lynda and her husband Michael,
and son Barry (Laurie, Jenny, and Alexandra). Six Grandchildren Bryan,
Shawn and her fiance? Danny, Shannon and her fiance? Lauchlan, Tyler,
Brandon, and Jessica, Great-grandson Marcus, and Sister-in-law Donna.
Thanks to the Madison for all Les's care. Cremation and private family
interment are planned. Celebration of Life - June 30th, RSVP. In lieu
of flowers, Donations to the Heart and Stroke, Canadian Cancer
Society, or Park Bench Memorial to be established in Les's name.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

BOEHM Manfred (Fred) We loved him greatly and will miss him dearly!
Manfred Boehm, aka Fred, born in Oberhausen, Germany, June 21, 1934,
passed away at Black Mountain Ranch, Washington, on June 7, 2009, two
weeks before his 75th birthday. He leaves behind his wife, Linda,
daughter Heidi (Jerry), sons Andre (Vi) and Brian (Stephanie), his
precious grandson, Alexander, and many close and dear friends. In
keeping with Fred's wishes, there will be no service. "Adios Amigos!"
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

BRYANT Ethel Lilian (Scott) March 31, 1916 - June 10, 2009 With great
sadness, we announce that our dear Mother passed away peacefully in
her 93rd year. She was born to Frederick and Georgina Scott at VGH in
Vancouver, B.C. and lived in the Kitsilano District during her
childhood. She was predeceased by her devoted and loving husband,
Donald Algar (Al), brothers Charlie and Bill and sister Georgina
Green. She is survived and will be missed by her brothers George and
Jack, her sister May, and many nieces and nephews. She was deeply
loved and will be missed very much by her three children, Sharon,
Robin and Storme. Her precious grandchildren, Jason, Cinamon and Josh,
and great grandchildren Cyrus and Jade, will miss her as well. Mom was
an expert sewer and enjoyed cooking and baking for her family and
friends. She had a wonderful sense of humour and enjoyed being with
people. She worked for Woodwards and Pacific Western Airlines until
her retirement at 65. Travelling the world with friends and family was
one of her favourite activities, as well as golf, crib, bridge,
gardening and reading. Mom was particularly fond of animals; she had
many pets during her life, especially dogs and Panda, her latest, is
missing her. She and Dad and their family lived in the Marpole area
for many years. She always said that she had lived a happy, good life
and when it was her time to go, she would be content. At her request,
she did not want a funeral or memorial service. If so desired,
donations in Mom's memory can be made to the charity of your choice.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

CERVO Maddalena "Nella" (nee Dal Maso) Nella "Nonna" was born on June
3, 1911 in Posina (Vicenza), Italy and passed away on June 16, 2009.
Nella was a loving mother of two children and grandmother to seven
grandchildren. Predeceased by husband, Mario, daughter, Mirella and
son, Armando. Survived by grandchildren; Manuela (Douglas), Diana
(Walter), Neves (Glenn), Milena (Ingo), Roger (Helen), Doris (Aussie),
Tony, ten great-grandchildren and one on the way, daughter in law,
Nena and many more family and friends. Our family sincerely
appreciates the companionship that Rina provided our Nonna for many
years. We would also like to extend our gratitude to the wonderful
care given by the staff at the Villa Carital. Funeral Mass will be
held on Friday, June 26, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at Corpus Christi
Church,6350 Naniamo Street, Vancouver, B.C. In lieu of flowers,
donations may be made in memory of Nella to the Villa Carital Nursing
Home, 3050 Penticton Street, Vancouver, B.C.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/22/2009

CLEMENS ANNE E. (HOPE) May 17, 1936 - June 14, 2009 It is with great
sadness we announce the passing of Anne Clemens (nee Hope) on June 14,
2009. After a courageous eight month battle, she passed away
peacefully at St. Paul's Hospital, surrounded by her loving family.
Anne will be greatly missed by her loving husband of 29 years, Bill,
children David, Deanna (Brian), Laurene (Ernie), and close family
friend Gaylin Chavarie. Grandchildren David, Aimee, Nick, Bryce,
Connor, Brock, Colton, and great granddaughter Danyca. Anne was born
and raised in Lethbridge, Alberta, raised her children in Edmonton,
and after relocating several times around Alberta got tired of the
snow and chose to make Vancouver her home. She was a wonderful,
caring, giving person who will be sadly missed but fondly remembered
by her stepchildren, extended family, and dear friends. The family
would like to extend our most sincere and heartfelt thanks to the
staff of St. Paul's for taking such great care of our Mom during her
long battle. We know she was fond of you all. A celebration of Anne's
life and interment will take place in Edmonton, Alberta on July 3,
2009. In lieu of flowers, donations to the St. Paul's Hospital
Foundation will be greatly appreciated. St. Paul's Foundation, Room
178, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC, V6Z 1Y6, or online at
www.helpstpauls.com . Condolences maybe offered to the family at
www.kearneyfs.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

(Memoriam)
JESSE CORRALES November 7, 1946 - April 23, 2009 We will miss you
today and every day of our lives Daddy. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! To the
best Daddy in the world!! Love you and miss you sooo much - your
daughters: Editha, Julia, Mae and Donna your grandchildren: Keshia,
Zion, Shiloh, Josh, Zach & Courtney (and of course Mommy)
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

CULLEN Robert Joseph Bob passed away on June 14, 2009 at home in West
Vancouver in the arms of his loving wife Mona. They had been married
for 65 years and lived life to the fullest together. Bob was born in
Vancouver on June 18, 1919. He graduated from Vancouver College. While
Bob was attending school, he delivered newspapers in Kitsilano. This
job financed his love of sailing which he passed on to all his
children and grand children. He raced Stars and Flatties on English
Bay. In BC when you thought of diesel engines, Bob Cullen was likely
one of the first names to come to mind. Bob started his career as a
draftsman in the engine business at Vivian Diesel and Munitions. Bob
worked his way up through the organization selling Vivian Diesels to
fishermen up and down the coast of BC. From there he moved to Hoffar's
Limited in 1954 and worked his way up through the company till he
became Vice-President. Shortly thereafter in 1974, he purchased the
company and renamed it Cullen Detroit Diesel Allison Ltd. He built the
company to the point where it had presence across Canada and in
Hawaii. Bob and Mona spent the winters at their house in Maui and
summers boating on the BC Coast. Bob was an active member of Royal
Vancouver Yacht Club. Bob also enjoyed his time on the golf course at
Capilano Golf and Country Club. As any good Irish Catholic, Bob leaves
behind a large loving family. Survived by his children: Penny (Fred),
Allan (Gill), Bill (Julie), Doug (Sandy), John (Liz), Gerry (Suzanne).
16 grandchildren: David (Natasha), Debbie (Harvey), Brian (Cindy),
Ginny (Jeremy), Rob (Dan), Liz , Laura, Tricia (Dave), Ryan, Chris,
Tina (Brent), Sarah (Chris), Jamie, Chelsea, Sophie, and Jake. 11
great-grandchildren - Matthew, Ethan, and David, Annika , Alex and
Chloe, Kaden, Keira, and Kate, Hope and Holly. Service to be held at
Christ The Redeemer Church, 599 Keith Road, West Vancouver on Tuesday,
June 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM. In lieu of Flowers, a donation made to the
BC Cancer Foundation, in memory of Bob Cullen, would be appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

CURR - Robert John Arthur Robert passed away peacefully on the morning
of June 12, 2009 at the age of 87. He was born in Vancouver on June 4,
1922 to Thomas and Jean Curr. He was predeceased by his parents, his
brothers Jim and Bill, and his wife Hope. He is survived by his son
Randy (Deborah) and daughter Jeanie (Lou), 6 grandchildren and 3
great-grandchildren. Robert was stationed in Italy and the Netherlands
with the Seaforth Infantry Division during the Second Word War. After
the war he returned to become a teacher, working in both Vancouver and
Coquitlam. He and Hope raised their family in Port Moody, where he
remained until he moved to George Derby Hospital due to Alzheimer's
disease. Robert loved skiing, hiking, biking and spending time at his
cabin. A family gathering was held on June 14, 2009. In lieu of
flowers, donations may be made to the Children's Hospital.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

DAL MONTE Giuseppe Beniamino Joe was born in Mussolente, Italy on
February 22, 1926 and passed away peacefully on June 17, 2009 in the
Vancouver General Hospital ICU due to complications following heart
surgery. He was predeceased by his beloved wife Irene in 1981 and is
survived by his sons Paul (June) and Richard (Shona), and four
grandsons _ Sam, Lee, Dylan and Taylor _ whom he adored and who
brought much joy to an already rich life. He is also survived by three
siblings in Italy: Rino, Flora and Mario. Joe, who came to Canada as a
young man and worked for the GVRD for several decades, enjoyed a long
life filled with music, wine and wonderful friends. His family extends
its thanks to the excellent doctors and amazing nurses who cared for
him during his short stay at VGH. There will be a funeral service at
10 a.m. on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at St. Helen's Catholic Church,
3860 Triumph St., Burnaby, immediately followed by a reception in the
church hall. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be
directed to the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation (
www.worldclasshealthcare.ca ).
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

DALGARNO Brian Roy Aberdeen, Scotland February 28, 1947 - Peace Arch
Hospital, White Rock, BC June 17, 2009. Survived by his adoring
family; wife of 42 years, Phyllis; son Rick, daughter-in-law Jeanine;
daughter Tracey and son-in-law Don Mooney. Granddaughters, Devon and
Hayley Dalgarno; grandson, Jackson and granddaughter Brynne Mooney.
Mother Eleanor and brother Michael. Former daughter-in-law Jennifer
(Kevin and Emily Gould). Niece Anna (Larry Yuen) as well as many
nieces and nephews. Cousins Geoff (Irene); Malcolm (Lynn); Eleanor
(Chris); Donald (June) in Scotland and England. Brian touched the
lives of many throughout his 62 years, he brought joy and laughter to
all that have known him and his memory will live on in all of us. How
blessed are we to have been graced by such a man. Many thanks to the
Palliative Care Doctors at Peace Arch Hospital and to the many
wonderful nurses. A very special thank you to Dr. Leanne Schuman,
words will never express how truly grateful we are. A celebration of
Brian's life will be held on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at Victory Park
Funeral Centre,14831 - 28th Avenue, Surrey, BC at 1:00pm. In lieu of
flowers please make donations to Children's Hospital or the charity of
your choice.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

DAUM Mary "Joyce" Evelyn Born November 12, 1938 in Edson, AB, passed
away peacefully with her two daughters by her side on June 11, 2009.
We love you mom, until we meet again... Joyce is survived by her
daughters, Terry-Lynn Winfield, Sharlene Kennedy Goodman, her son,
Daryl Grassick, her grandchildren, Jade and Jerrod Kennedy, Cody and
Kaylie Grassick, her former husband Gordon Grassick, her brother,
Bruce Lindstrom, sisters, Lynn Klyne and Jannette Schwing, her
extended family and children of predeceased husband Roy Daum, as well
as by numerous nieces and nephews and friends that loved her.
Predeceased by her son, Warren Grassick, the family takes comfort in
their embrace.The family would like to acknowledge all the loving care
Joyce received at M.V. Lodge in Lillooet, BC, and all of the friends
that she made there.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

(Memoriam)
DELLEMONACHE Savino P. (Sam) June 20, 1923 - May 25, 2007 "The ones
who think of you today are the ones who love you. Always in our
thoughts, our hearts and in our memories. Happy Birthday Dad, Gramps,
Uncle Sam - Happy Fathers Day, Dad" - We love you and miss you - Your
Family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/22/2009

EDVARDSEN Trudy Gail (Tessman-Crone) March 10, 1950 - June 12, 2009
Trudy passed away peacefully in her sleep early Friday, June 12. Her
body tired and in need of much deserved rest. She is survived by her
sons Doug (Lisa) and Steve (Christine); her beloved grandchildren
Alex, Spencer, Raya, Josh; her sisters Penny (Jim), Tammy (Steve),
Kathy; her brothers Stan, Tom, Gordon lots of nieces and nephews and
many extended family members. Trudy loved everyone with all her heart.
She will be sadly missed by all who knew her. A celebration of Trudy's
life will be held Wednesday, June 24 at Eagle Creek at Burnaby
Mountain Golf Course, 7600 Halifax Street, Burnaby. Please, in lieu of
flowers Trudy always wanted to donate to the Neo Natal ICU at B.C.
Children's Hospital, so we have set up a fund in her honour.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

FARMER Charles Thomas Charles Thomas Farmer died peacefully in his
89th year on June 15th at Lions Gate Hospital. He is survived by his
loving wife of 61 years, Gwen, his daughters, Anne and Susan, his
son-in-law, Gerald, and his grandchildren, Ross and Keith. He was
dearly loved. At his request there will be no service. Instead of
flowers a donation to the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation would be
appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

FICOCIELLO Giovanna March 3, 1918 - June 10, 2009 It is with great
sadness that we announce the passing of our loving Mom and Nonna,
Giovanna. She passed away peacefully while surrounded by her loving
family in San Carlo, Italy which was also her birthplace. She is
predeceased by her husband of 60 years, Guido, and son Albino. She is
survived and much loved by her children Carlo (Rita), Gino (Kelly),
(Iysha); and grandchildren Vikki, Dean, Lana, Davide, Guido, Lucia,
Bilal, Khadeejah, Maryam, Fatimah, Usaamah and her 15
great-grandchildren who reside in Canada, England and Saudi Arabia.
Nonna loved everyone and was loved by everyone who met her. We were
truly blessed to have had her in our lives and we will forever cherish
her words, kindness, love and beautiful smile. Prayers will be offered
on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. from Our Lady of Sorrows
Catholic Church, 555 S. Slocan Street, Vancouver where the Mass of
Christian Burial will be celebrated on Tuesday, June 23 at 11:30 a.m.
Entombment to follow the Mass at the Abbey Mausoleum, Ocean View
Burial Park, Burnaby. Condolences may be offered to the family at
www.bellburnaby.com .
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

FLEMING Gladys Louise Dearly loved wife of 52 years to Trenholm
"Bud"Fleming, departed this life in her Langley home on Wednesday June
17, 2009 at the age of 71. She was born in Baie Ste. Anne, New
Brunswick to parents Philias and Florence Guimond on July 28, 1937.
Glady will be remembered for her kindness, caring, strength,
thoughtfulness, and for always having a brilliant smile for everyone.
Among the many things that brought her joy were: country music,
playing tennis, and bowling. She frequently spent time playing
cribbage with family - a game in which she could not be beat. She was
also an active member of the Red Hat Society and a past president of
Kinette Club of Queensway Ottawa. Gladys additionally found
tranquility with her many friends and family at her cottage on
beautiful Richardson Lake. Gladys is survived by her loving husband
Bud as well as her children, Kim (Pete) Fradley, Lance (Michelle)
Fleming and grandchildren Shawn Chamberlain, Kristin, Courtney and
Colby Fleming. Gladys is also survived by her brothers and sisters
Trudy (Bill), Aurel (Pat), Marie (Peter), Wil (Mike), Hilary (Beth)
and Bea (Peter). She was predeceased by siblings Loretta, Moe (Beth),
Lola, Phil (Dori) and Isabel (Terry). Celebration of Life Service will
be held at the Chelsea Green Club House (20381 96 Ave Langley, BC V1M
2L1) on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. Please forward
condolences to . She was a caring wife, mother,
grandmother and friend.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

GRAHAM - William "Bill" Passed away peacefully on June 14, 2009 in
Burnaby, Bill was born April 12th, 1922 in Casper, Wyoming to proud
parents John and Grace. Bill is predeceased by his wife Dorothy and is
survived by his two sons Brian (Karen), Richard (Sharyl), his loving
grandchildren Chelsea (Percy), Tiffany, Rory, Briana (Ryan), Candice
(Simon), his great-grandson Spencer William. Bill is also survived by
his loving sister Margaret (Ray Crompton) his friend and companion
Phyllis Mumford, many other family and friends. Bill retired with the
rank of Captain from the Vancouver Fire Department in 1982 after
serving 31 years. Celebration of Bill's life will be held at 12:00pm,
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 at the Firefighter's Club, 6515 Bonsor
Street, Burnaby, BC. Tributes and condolences may be sent to the
family by visiting www.MeM.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

GUEST Doris Louisa Formerly Blanche nee Salt April 12, 1925 - June 18,
2009 It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our dear
Mother, Doris Guest. Mom is predeceased by her loving husband Russell,
brothers Rupert, Gordon and Bruce, parents Charles and Jane Salt and
most recently her son, Jim Blanche. Mom is survived by her daughters;
Susan, Linda, Nancy, Heather (Maurice) and son Tim. Grandchildren;
Karen (Lyle), Linda (Bryan), Paul (Rebecca),Christa and Mikayla.
Great-grandchildren; Justin and Marisa. Born into a third generation
RCMP family, Doris resided in every province across Canada, until 1937
when her family settled in Vancouver. She attended Magee High School,
where she established many long lasting friendships. While raising a
large family in West Vancouver, Mom found time for a successful and
distinguished career in modeling. She was a loving and devoted mother
and she will be terribly missed by many friends and family. Mom
suffered a major stroke in July 2002, leaving her partially disabled.
Since then, her home has been at the West Vancouver Care Centre,
surrounded and cared for by truly kind and dedicated staff. The family
wishes to acknowledge Dr. Wayne Smith who provided excellent care and
compassion during this difficult time along with the staff at Lions
Gate Hospital and Handy Dart. We extend our heart filled gratitude to
each of you. A memorial service will be held at St. David's United
Church, 1525 Taylor Way, West Vancouver, BC, 604-922-3961 on Friday,
June 26, 2009 at 10:30 am. Please join us for a reception to follow.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the BC Heart and Stroke
Foundation in Doris' memory.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/21/2009 - 6/22/2009

HERMON Jean Alison (nee Campbell) Jean Alison Hermon, nee Campbell of
North Vancouver, on June 8, 2009 at Lions Gate Hospital, her family at
her side. Born Winnipeg August 24, 1922 to Lulu Elda and John Fletcher
Campbell, survived by daughter Barbara Lachlan Bart and grandsons
Alexandre and Robert, Beaconsfield, Quebec, daughter Janet Rixon
Benjamin and granddaughters Alison, Toronto and Katherine, Vancouver
and Dick, her devoted husband of 59 years. Alison was a generous,
warm-hearted, dearly loved person who will be sorely missed. She was a
proud descendant of Highland Scottish Selkirk Settlers, a quilter
whose work won prizes at the CNE, PNE and Lions Gate Quilters, a Red
Cross volunteer for many years, a long time member of University
Women's Club of West Vancouver and a parishioner of St. Catherine's
Church, North Vancouver. A Memorial service will be held at Saint
Catherine's Church, 1058 Ridgewood, North Vancouver, 2pm Saturday,
June 27th. Casual dress. Interment in Campbell family plot, Old
Kildonan Presbyterian Churchyard, Winnipeg, date undecided.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

HOOLEY Agnes (nee Schroeder) Born April 10, 1917, died peacefully on
June 8, 2009 in Vancouver. As a young woman, she was an honours
student in chemistry at UBC, graduating with a MA in 1938. In 1939,
she married Joseph Gilbert Hooley, who was also a UBC honours
chemistry student. Agnes taught large, first-year chemistry classes at
UBC from 1944 to 1956. She also completed an MA in Adult Education at
UBC and earned two degrees in music, A.T.C.M. and L.R.S.M. She and her
husband had a lifelong involvement with music, literature and the
arts, and maintained a serious and enduring commitment to progressive
social issues. Their social circle included well-known BC cultural
figures, B.C. Binning, Jack Shadbolt, Jane Coop and Roderick Haig
Brown. In addition, the couple delighted in the out of doors,
participating in skiing, hiking and sailing. Agnes was a docent at the
Van Dusen Gardens adding several trees to their collection. In 1988,
in recognition of the contributions of Dr. and Mrs. Hooley to the
academic and cultural life at UBC, the Agnes and Gilbert Hooley
Scholarship was established by colleagues and friends to provide a
scholarship to a third-year chemistry student continuing into the
fourth-year chemistry program at UBC. Preference was given to students
who indicated some awareness of the social role of science. Dr.
Gilbert Hooley passed away in 1987. Agnes is survived by her
sister-in-law, Larissa Hooley of Vancouver, and by 3 nieces and 2
nephews on the east and west coasts of Canada. Agnes directed that
there be no formal service of any kind, and the family will respect
her wishes. In lieu of flowers to the family, please make donations to
the Agnes and Gilbert Hooley Scholarship fund at UBC.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

INOUYE Kathleen Aiko (nee Tahara) February 5, 1945 - June 13, 2009
Kathy passed away peacefully with her family by her side at Royal
Columbian Hospital on June 13, 2009. She joins her father Tex Tahara
who passed in 1994. She is survived by her mother Yume, husband Derek
and 3 children Darren, Jennifer (Ryan), Susan, sister Nora (Ron) and 3
children Gordon, Janice (Edward), Brenda, sister Ginny, and numerous
uncles, aunts, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces,
relatives, and friends. A memorial service will be held in her honour
on June 27th at 1:00pm at Ocean View Chapel, 4000 Imperial Street,
Burnaby. Gone but never forgotten, she lives on in all the lives she's
touched. In lieu of flowers the family appreciates donations to The
Burnaby Children's Fund, c/o Burnaby School Board (Community Service),
5325 Kincaid St., Burnaby BC, V5G 1W2. Please join us in celebrating
Kathy's life by visiting our memorial at www.mem.com . Through this
personal guest book on this site, we invite you to share your thoughts
and fond memories with our family.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

ALI Japhar Born November 29, 1942 in the beautiful city of Nausori,
Fiji, passed away peacefully June 15, 2009. He was surrounded by his
adoring family in a room overfilled with love. His four year battle
with cancer displayed Japhar's tremendous bravery and unwavering
courage. Survived by his beautiful wife of 47 years - Nasiran,
daughters - Shaera and Naseem, son Mansoor, daughter-in-law Mumtaz,
son-in-law Jeffrey and grandchildren Brandon, Kevin, Anita and Ryan.
Japhar's beautiful spirit will glow on forever in the heart's of all
that loved him.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

JOHNSON - Lloyd Lloyd passed away quietly with the dawning of the
early morning on June 16, 2009 at the age of 79. Born in Chilliwack,
BC on January 10, 1930. He will be greatly missed by his beloved wife,
Roberta; sister Rheta, daughters Tanaya, Bonnie (Barry), niece Karen,
grandchildren Jennifer, Lisa, Derek, Jamie, Heather and
great-grandchildren Isabella, Dylan, Jacob and great-nephews Stephen
and Scott. Lloyd served 28 years on the Vancouver Police Department,
before he retired. He was a member of the VSPOA as well as a member of
the Ripple Rock and Gem Mineral Club. Lloyd spent many years in
Arizona camping and rock hounding with his friends. Lloyd enjoyed many
years of fishing out of Heather Marina with his boat partners Eric and
Ron. A Graveside Service will be held at 11:00am on Tuesday, June 23,
2009 at the Surrey Centre Cemetery, 16671 Old McLellan Road in Surrey.
A Celebration of Lloyd's life will begin at 12:00 pm at the Hazelmere
United Church, 1614 - 184th Street, Surrey, British Columbia. In lieu
of flowers, donations in memory of Lloyd may be made to the BC
Diabetic Society. "It broke our hearts to see you go, but you never
went alone. For part of us went with you, the day God called you
home." Personal Alternative Funeral Services 604-275-7755
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

KARANASOS Athanasios (Tom) With heavy hearts we announce the passing
of our loving husband, father and grandfather. Born on December 25,
1920 in the village of Elinopyrgos, Karditsa, Greece. Passed away
peacefully on June 18, 2009 in Vancouver, B.C. at the age of 88 years.
Surrounded by his family. He will be lovingly remembered and forever
missed by his wife of 25 years Evanthia (Effie) and his children from
his first marriage (predeceased by wife Angela in 1975), son Nick
(Judy) and daughter Maria (Rinaldo), grandchildren Angela, Geoffrey,
Thomas, Sabrina and Emilio, as well as Effie's children Roula
(Alasdair), Letsa (Bill), Tasia (Julian) and grandchildren Rebecca and
Sammy. Also left to mourn his loss are brothers John (Poppy) in
Vancouver, Basili (Teresa) in Brazil as well as many nieces, nephews
and relatives in Canada, Greece and Brazil. Predeceased by sister
Athena and brothers George and Peter. Prayers will be held on Monday,
June 22 at 7:00 pm at St. George's Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 4500
Arbutus Street, Vancouver, where a funeral service will be held on
Tuesday, June 23 at 12:00 pm. Father Demetrios Partsafas officiating.
Burial to follow at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Burnaby. In lieu of flowers,
donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated. "From
the depths of despair we will rise above because we had the greatest
gift that of your love, Papou in our hearts for eternity." Condolences
and tributes may be sent to the family by visiting wwwMeM.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

KITT Michael Passed away June 15, 2009 at Mount St. Joseph's Hospital,
Vancouver, BC. Michael was predeceased by his wife Margaret and his
grandson Aaron. He is survived by son Michael and daughter Angela.
Prayers will be offered at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 at
St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church, 3150 Ash Street, Vancouver, BC
where Mass of Christian Burial will be held Thursday, June 25, 2009 at
1:00 p.m. Burial to follow at Ocean View Burial Park, 4000 Imperial
Street, Burnaby, BC.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

LANGSTON Lewis C. 1923-2009 Passed away peacefully at home early on
June 16. His generosity, kindness and good will to all will be sorely
missed by his loving wife Rose, sons Jack (Angela) and Roy (Naomi),
daughter Elaine, grandchildren Graham, Colleen, Elliott and Hillary,
sister Maisie, brothers George and Roger, and indeed by all who knew
him. Born in his family's Saskatchewan farmhouse, Lew came to BC while
serving with the RCAF in 1944, married Rose in 1948, and made the
Lower Mainland his permanent home. He graduated from UBC with a
B.A.Sc. in 1951 and entered the federal Department of Public Works,
where he designed, built and maintained marine structures on the
Sunshine Coast, northern Gulf Islands and northern Vancouver Island
for more than 30 years. In retirement, he devoted countless hours to
entertaining seniors in local care homes with musical favorites. He is
interred at Boundary Bay Cemetery. No flowers by request; donations in
lieu to the Delta Hospital Foundation (5800 Mountain View Blvd.,
Delta, BC V4K 3V6) will be gratefully appreciated.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

LASEUR Willem (Bill) 1919 - 2009 It is with great sadness we announce
the passing of husband, father and opa, Willem (Bill) Laseur, late of
Ridge-Meadows. Bill, born in 1919, in Amersfoort, Holland, came to
Canada in 1951. He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years, Greet;
daughter Rita; son Len (Sandi); two grandchildren, Lane and Mitch;
brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews in Holland and Canada, and many
friends. Bill worked for Pitt Polder Limited until his early
retirement at 64. Dad loved hockey, soccer, and family and worked hard
in whatever task was undertaken. We would like to give heartfelt
thanks to the staff at Baillie House (Webster's Corners) for their
kind, thoughtful, and patient caring of Dad. A "Remembrance of Bill"
will be held at MAPLE RIDGE FUNERAL CHAPEL, 2:00 P.M. on Friday, June
26th. In lieu of flowers, donations in Bill's name, to the Ridge
Meadows Hospital Foundation would be appreciated. Condolences may be
sent to: www.mapleridgefuneral.ca
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

LESTER Lois Audrey (nee Jensen) July 23, 1929 - June 14, 2009 Lois
passed away on Sunday, June 14th in her 80th year at Inglewood Care
Centre, West Vancouver. She leaves her husband Richard, of West
Vancouver, to whom she was married for more that 56 years, three sons,
Doug, of Abbotsford, Reid, of Toronto and daughter-in-law Carol Jones,
Mark of West Vancouver and daughter-in-law Kathryn and daughter
Gillian of Oakland, CA and son-in-law Eric Talley, six granddaughters,
Caroline, Leigh and Erin Lester of Abbotsford, and their mother Jody
Lester, Raine and Maren Lester of West Vancouver, Grace Lester Talley
of Oakland and one grandson, Rhys Lester Talley, also of Oakland. She
was predeceased by her parents Erle and Mary Jensen of Bremerton, WA.
Lois taught primary school for many years in Vancouver, Victoria and
Maple Ridge. She was an ardent duplicate bridge player (Life Master),
loved animals, cooking (at which she was superb), and reading murder
mysteries. She would illuminate a room, happy, friendly and engaged.
We all miss her terribly. Special thanks to the kind and caring staff
at Inglewood. To honour Lois's life join us at 11AM on Monday, June
29, 2009 at St. Francis-in-the-Wood Anglican Church, 4773 S.
Piccadilly Road, West Vancouver. Donations can be made to the animal
welfare organization of your choice. Please do not send flowers.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

LEVAC Tyler Reed July 11, 1976 - June 10, 2009 You were gone before we
knew it, and only God knows why. In life we loved you dearly, and in
death we love you still. If love could have saved you, you never would
have died. Tyler was born in Matsqui, lived in the Fraser Valley,
Victoria and Fort St. John. Graduated - Vic High School, 1995. Dearly
Loved by Family and Friends
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

LOGAN Lorraine Carrol (nee Hoggard) May 7, 1940 - June 10, 2009 Born
on Sea Island and resided in Richmond, then Delta until her passing.
Survived by her loving husband Doug, her daughter Dawn-Marie Selman,
her two grandsons, Coulten and Riley, and her sister Beverly O'Dowd.
Predeceased by her parents, Carl and Janet Hoggard, and her son John
Douglas. Lorraine was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed her many
different crafts and travels. She will be truly missed by all the
lives she touched. A Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday, June
24, 2009 at 1:00 pm at Delta Funeral Home, 5329 Ladner Trunk Road,
Ladner, BC with a tea following the service. Interment to follow at
Boundary Bay Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian
Diabetes Society or the V.G.H. - UBC Leukemia Foundation would be
greatly appreciated. On-line condolences at: www.deltafuneral.ca .
Delta Funeral Home 604-946-6040
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

MARUK Eileen Ellen (nee Sawkins) Born on November 24, 1924 in La Pas,
MB, passed away June 13, 2009 in New Westminster, BC. Predeceased by
her husband Russel and daughter Cheryl and great-granddaughter Ashley.
Survived by her daughters Marleen Wagner and Linda Stone, 9
grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great-grandchildren
and her loving siblings and extended family. Funeral service at First
Memorial - Boal Chapel, 1105 Lillooet Road, North Vancouver, BC on
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 10:00am. Burial to follow at Forest Lawn
Cemetery, 3789 Royal Oak Avenue, Burnaby, BC.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

McCARTHY - Donald Edward Montague November 3, 1929 - June 15, 2009 Don
passed away peacefully with his family at his side singing his
favourite songs. He battled emphysema with humble dignity for many
years. Don was the most generous, gentle man. The youngest child of
the late Lionel (Leo) and Sarah (Sadie) McCarthy, Don was born in
Winnipeg. He moved to Vancouver, enjoying many a fine year in the
investment industry. His passion was drafting and building homes all
over the West side of Vancouver. Don retired to the Sunshine Coast
(Sechelt), crafting with his massive hands a lovely waterfront home.
Don was predeceased by his brothers Tim, Jim and Jack. Don leaves the
love of his life, his wife of 52 years, Marilynn, his daughters Kelly
Myland (Wayne) and Shannon, his grandchildren Melissa and Steven, and
his sister Mary-Jo. He will be missed by his brother-in-law Michael
Sullivan Sr. (Betty-Ann), his sister-in-law Moira McCarthy and his
nephews Ray, Mark (Denise) and Michael (Rachel) DesHarnais, Martin
McCarthy, Michael Sullivan Jr. (Laura), and his nieces, Meghan
McCarthy (Graham Unwin) and Sally McGuigan. Don also leaves his
beloved grand-nieces, grand-nephews and many friends. The family
thanks with all our hearts Dr. Jaschinksi, Dr. Denis Rogers, the staff
of St. Mary's Hospital, the warm and caring nurses at the Totem Lodge
and all the kind souls who have touched Don's life. Please join us for
a celebration of Don's life on Friday, June 26, 2009, 2:00 PM at Holy
Family Church, 5700 Nickerson Road, Sechelt, BC. Refreshments follow
in the Church's reception room. In lieu of flowers, please send
donations to the charity of your choice.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

McCLOSKEY - Terence John September 25, 1934 - June 13, 2009 Surrounded
by his family, Terry passed away peacefully in Vernon Hospice house.
Survived by his wife Martha , daughter Mary (Ken) Wood, son James
(Nancy) McCloskey, daughter Rita (Neil) MacDonald and son Bill (Renee)
McCloskey. Also grandchildren Brianne (Kris) Russell, Maggie, Gus and
Ainslie MacDonald, Liam and Sean McCloskey, and Aidan McCloskey,
great-grandchildren Ethan Wood and Evryn Russell. Terry is also
survived by his siblings Rita (Len) Allin, Tom (Pat) McCloskey, Paul
McCloskey, Bernadette (Elio) Cossarin, Dennis (Pam) McCloskey and
numerous nieces and nephews whom he loved dearly. Terry is predeceased
by his brother Pat McCloskey, his parents Thomas and Gladys McCloskey,
his grandson Ryan Wood, brother and sister-in-law Francis and Yvonne
McCloskey, and infant grand-daughter Anna McCloskey. Terry was born in
Guelph, Ontario and was the 6th of nine children born to Thomas and
Gladys McCloskey. In 1935, his dad moved the family to British
Columbia where he lived his life. He attended school at St. Peter's in
New Westminster and finished at St. Anne's Academy and Port Moody
High. His lifelong work ethic started at age 15 with an after school
job in a shingle mill. In 1950, his eldest brother Pat was killed in a
car accident that devastated the McCloskey family. Dad graduated high
school in 1952 and worked for Imperial Vancouver Coastal Tanker which
he greatly enjoyed because of his love of the sea. In 1953, he joined
the Royal Canadian Air Force and was posted to Comox on Vancouver
Island. In 1957, he married Martha Loehndorf and soon after, had a
daughter Mary followed by a son Jamie. His career in the oil business
began in 1961 with a job at BA Refinery in Port Moody and continued
when Dad, Mom, Mary and Jamie moved to Taylor, BC where he worked for
Pacific 66 Petroleum. In Taylor, Rita and Bill came along, and Dad
made the move to Prince George in 1967 to work for the new Union Oil
Refinery - which later became Husky Oil. Dad retired in 1991 as the
Process Manager and shortly after moved to Creston, BC where he loved
doing renovations to his house, building furniture and growing
enormous pumpkins. In 2006, Dad moved to Enderby, BC and bought the
most unique home in the area - a stacked log home. He loved this home
but as his health steadily deteriorated, maintaining the house became
more and more difficult. In 2009, Dad made plans to move to be closer
to his family, but his health never improved and he passed away in
Vernon. We would like to acknowledge Loraine O'Connor for all her
friendship and care that she gave to Dad during the last 7 months and
Dad's neighbour, Sandy for looking in on, with compassion and care.
Thank-you. While Dad was at his happiest with a hammer in his hand and
nails in his mouth, he loved his family more than anything and we will
miss him. A celebration of Dad's life will be held in Vancouver this
August with details to be announced soon.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

NEALE David (John) Passed away suddenly on June 17, 2009 at the age of
64. Predeceased by his Mother, Dorothea and Father, Jack. Survived by
son, Michael, brothers Chris and Paul, nieces, nephew, extended family
and friends. David will be remembered for his love of music. Donations
can be made to the Canadian Diabetes Association.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

NELSON Arnold (Arnie) Born June 15, 1934 in New Westminster passed
away June 7, 2009 after a battle with cancer. He was loved dearly and
will be missed by his wife Nancy, his sons Jeff, Brad daughter Janice,
and many other family members and friends. He also leaves four
grandchildren Eric, Rachel, Sam and Molly. Arnie started his career as
child star at CKNW singing on the radio at 10 years of age. He also
worked as a DJ and did whatever as long as he was at the radio
station. He became an accomplished steel guitar player and played with
Jack Jensen and the Rhythm Pals on TV and radio in his teens and
twentys. He also worked with Evan Kemp and his Trail Riders. He was a
great Sinatra fan. After graduating from UBC he worked for IBM but
eventually came back to his first love, radio! He worked in management
positions at CKNW, CJOR and All Canada Radio. He also worked in New
York for four years in advertising. After retirement he became a
background performer and a member of Union of BC Performers and
enjoyed working on many movies, commercials and TV episodes. He was a
member of the Canadian Broadcasters Half Century Club, The Western
Swing Society and in 2006 he was inducted into the B.C. Country Music
Hall of Fame. A memorial service will be held Friday, June 26th at
2:00 p.m. at the Unitarian Church at 49th and Oak Street. "The Best is
Yet to Come"
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PEAT (Samuel) Spencer IV Born February 28, 1923 in Bella Bella, B.C.
and died May 12, 2009 in Nakusp, B.C. Spencer made friends wherever he
went, was a decorated WWII veteran, loved hiking and cross country
skiing and founded the Pathfinders Outdoor Club in Vancouver. Creating
pottery and rugs were his indoor pursuits. He is survived by sisters
Mary Jones, Ruth Robertson and Kay Renton; his children Terry Speller,
Graham, Maggi Alberts, Barbara Batchelor and Lorrayne Emery, 8
grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren, and his wife Pauline, her 4
daughters and 8 grandchildren. A Vancouver memorial gathering will be
held Sunday, June 28.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

PEDERSEN Soren Jessen Born in Esbjerg, Denmark, on March 25, 1954, and
died in White Rock, British Columbia, on June 14, 2009. Predeceased by
his parents and an infant brother. Survived by his spouse, Vicki, and,
children, Laura, Norma, and, a grandson, Robbie. Also survived by his
and British Columbia, and, by his many friends and business
associates, particularly, Dennis and his spouse, Vicki. Other than the
love of his family, his love was of the forest by the sea, where he
made his living as a forester, engineer, and, businessman. A special
thank you to all the health care workers involved in Soren's care. A
Celebration of Soren's Life will be at Victory Memorial Park, 14831 -
28th Avenue, South Surrey, B.C. (tel. 604-536-6522) on June 27, 2009
at 2:00 pm. Donations may be made to the Alberta Adolescent Recovery
Centre (AARC), www.aarc.ab.ca . - 303 Forge Road S.E., Calgary, AB T2H
0S9 or, to the charity of your choice.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PERRY Peter Wayne In loving memory of PETER WAYNE PERRY who passed
suddenly on Friday, June 19, 2009. Peter was a wonderful father, papa,
brother and son. He is survived by his two daugthers Krissie and Jenny
and 3 beautiful granddaughters, Sammy, Emma and Janiece. Peter was a
kind and gentle soul who loved life to the fullest. There wasn`t a
person on earth that he didn`t leave a lasting impression on. He will
be missed every minute of everyday. May he and his beloved wife Janice
rest in peace, together again.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/21/2009 - 6/22/2009

PILIBAITIS Antanas Frank September 27, 1923 - June 8, 2009 It is with
sad hearts that we announce the passing of our wonderful friend,
Antanas Pilibaitis. Antanas was born in Lithuania, and struggled as a
young person until he left for Germany, then Canada. Once he arrived
in Canada he flourished, and made a name for himself as a skilled
carpenter. He worked very hard all his life and was a very proud and
independent man. He married and had one daughter who predeceased him.
To many he was commonly known as Grampa Tony, a kind friend and lover
of all animals. His list of friends was huge, but we often recall him
telling stories about Mr. & Mrs. Peter Radvila, Mr. & Mrs. Henry
Tumaitis, his godson Gary (Julieta) Skabaikis, and Mr. & Mrs.
Skabaikis. He was a loving mentor to Peter Pastulovic and a shelter
from the storm for him and many others. A celebration of life will be
held Sunday, June 28, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Executive Inn, 405 North
Road, Coquitlam.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PRESUNKA Patricia Genevieve (nee Harrington) Loving mother, passed
away peacefully on June 18, 2009 at the age of 85. Born March 5, 1924
in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and lived in Newton for 50 years.
Predeceased by her husband Dave, son Rodney and grandson Craig. Missed
by daughters Cathy (Don) Zaklan, Peggy (Byron) Bailey and Patricia
(Greg) Hook, grandchildren Kevin, Douglas, Carly, Cory, Gregory and
Gennavieve. Mass of Christian Burial, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:30
a.m. at St. Bernadette Parish, Surrey. Many thanks to all the
wonderful staff at Zion Park Manor for their loving care of Mom.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PREVOST Edward Morris "Eddy" Born in St. Boniface, Manitoba. Passed
away June 16, 2009 in Surrey Memorial Hospital. Survived by his wife
Bea, son Jason (Louise) granddaughter Jessica, sister Cordy (Anton)
and many other family and friends. A Memorial Service will be held
June 27, 2009 at 1:00pm at Columbia-Bowell Chapel, 219 - 6th Street,
New Westminster. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the BC
Cancer Agency. Columbia-Bowell Chapel 604-521-4881
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PRIESTMAN Henry L.E. Henry L. E. Priestman, retired P.Eng., a kind and
thoughtful man, passed away peacefully June 13, 2009. Henry is
predeceased by his parents Pat and Lorena Priestman and brother
Barrett. He is lovingly remembered by his wife Lily, children Leslie
(Mike), Mark (Janice) and Jill, five grandchildren, brother Edgar, and
many nieces and nephews. Henry's career in the pulp and paper industry
spanned many years on the BC coast, followed by assignments abroad in
Turkey and Nepal. His family fondly remembers a quirky sense of
humour, summers on the boat and time spent at the cottage, his
favorite place. Special thanks to the doctors and staff at UBC
Hospital. At Henry's request there will be no service. Please remember
Henry through donations to the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation or St.
Paul's Hospital Foundation.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

PYBUS Margaret Ann (nee: Shaw) Sadly we announce the sudden passing of
our Mom on June 9, 2009 at the young age of 61 years. She was
predeceased by her father, Edward Shaw. Marg is survived by her
daughters Christine and Carolyn (Kyle) and son Mike (Vanessa): her
mother Agnes, sisters Betty, Colleen (Ralph), Laurie (Peter) and
brother, Jim (Sonja). Gramsy adored her two grandsons Oliver and Kees
and many nieces, nephews and great-nieces and nephews. Mom was caring
and fun and will be dearly missed. We cherish fond memories and will
enjoy reflecting on her unique artistic style. In celebration of her
life there will be a tea on Sunday, June 28, 2009 from 1 - 3pm at St.
Paul's Presbyterian Church, 8469 Cedar Street, Mission, BC.
Condolences or messages for the family may be posted on www.mem.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

RENNIE BETTY LOUISE January 02, 1930 - June 20, 2005 RENNIE -Howard
(Huff) Keith September 19,1959 - September 20, 2006 TOGETHER AGAIN AND
ALWAYS A very special relationship and understanding between mother
and son. Forever remembered and missed by husband and father, Cliff,
and sons and brothers, Bruce, Matthew, Michael , Gordon and Jack,
their spouses and 12 wonderful granchildren.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

SAKAMOTO Tadashi 1933 - 2009 Passed away suddenly on June 5, 2009.
Survived by his siblings, Manabu (Aiko), Midori, and Sumire (Joe), and
their children and grandchildren. No service by request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

SIMMIE Brianne Marie August 19,1980 - June 13 2009 Brianne Marie
Simmie died peacefully in her sleep on June 13, 2009 in Surrey, B.C.
Bri was born in Edmonton, Alberta August 19, 1980 and grew up in
Surrey, B.C. She will be deeply missed by all, her mom and best
friend, Deb Simmie; father Dan Dunphy; and most especially her son
Callum Joseph Simmie. She is survived by aunts and uncles Carol Lynn
Korchinsky (Marshall);Sandy Simmie (John McGraw); Sue Simmie (Wayne)
Ian Maxfield (Irene); Shannon Reid (Ron); Kevin Dunphy (Cammie); Ed
Dunphy (Lorraine); Paul Dunphy (Julie).siblings Tasha; Ayasha;Dan;
Alex;William;Nikk;Sean, as well as many cousins and friends. Her
special long time sister friends are Crystal and Amanda Goss, Jen
Burton, Briana Cox,Jeanette Budgen; and Alethea Capadouca; brother
friends Chris, Trevor, and Marshall Burton, Braedon Cox. She is
remembered by those who loved her for strength of spirit, tremendous
sense of humour, her commitment to peace and social justice for all
but especially for children, animals and those most vulnerable in our
society. She was a unique mother, daughter, sister, friend. She
touched all who knew her and we will hold her great heart and spirit
in our own and will be all the better for it. She now rests with her
son Liam Michael Simmie (2003); Uncle Wayne Simmie (2003);
grandparents Wilma (1973) and Murray Simmie (1977); William (1968) and
Ann Marie Dunphy (2007); cousin Stacey Lynn Hives (1986); Aunt Mary
Dunphy (1981) and all of our ancestors. A Celebration of Life will be
held on Monday June 22, 2:00 P.M. at Valley View Funeral Home, 14660 -
72 Avenue, Surrey, B.C. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in
Brianne's memory to Debra Simmie to be held in trust for her son
Callum's future.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

SIMPSON George 1927 - 2009 George died at Vernon Jubilee Hospital on
June 10th, 2009. George will be missed by his wife of 59 years, Jean,
his children, Jennifer (Jim Dent) and Patrick, and his grandchildren,
Nicola and John. George was born in Lisburn, Northern Ireland on May
16th, 1927. George met Jean at the Guildhall School of Music in
London, England where they were both students in the theatre
department. Married on June 3rd, 1950, they were both active in the
theatre until children arrived. George became a salesman of small
engine machinery, and after immigrating to Canada in 1957 he embarked
on a career in real estate. George started his real estate career with
Rutherford McRae, selling residential real estate and then he moved to
National Trust to become involved with commercial real estate. In 1973
George formed his own company called George Simpson and Associates
Ltd. and was heavily involved in land assembly and development. George
was a Fellow of the Real Estate Institute of Canada and also served as
Chairman of the National Executive Council of that organization.
George was active in the equestrian community, raising funds for the
Three Day Eventing community, as well as personally sponsoring, along
with Jean, athletes by helping to purchase their horses. George served
as Chef D'Equip for the Canadian Three Day Event Team at the Seoul
Olympics. George was able to fix anything mechanical, he would design
and build any manner of structures, and he built many miles of fences
(with the assistance of family and friends). George was the family's
devil's advocate, he always took the opposing side just to get a
debate going. We will miss all the great hugs. No service by request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

(Memoriam)
SINGH Jason June 21, 1994 Days of sadness still come o'er us. Tears in
silence often flow. Memory keeps you ever near us Though you left us
fifteen years ago. Love Mom, Dad, Neil, friends and family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

(Memoriam)
PEARL AILEEN SIWAK November 3, 1919 - June 21, 2008 We love you & miss
you. From your Family & Friends
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/21/2009

STEELE Patricia Signe Emily (Egelstad) December 1, 1952 - June 16,
2009 Patricia passed away courageously June 16, 2009 at the age of 56
years. Predeceased by her Mom and Dad: Ruth and Henry. Niece: Shannon.
Survived by Loving Husband: Douglas, Daughter: Jamie (David), Son:
Ryan (friend Lisa), in-laws: Marlene and Carl Steele and family.
Lovingly remembered by her adoptive family: Wendy, Gerry, Allison,
Geoff, Kailyn, Carrie, and Jeff. Also survived by many dear friends
which are too numerous to name. It is hard to express our gratitude
for all your kindnesses and support during Patricia's illness and
passing. Flowers gratefully declined. Donations to the BC Cancer
Society thankfully appreciated. A celebration of Patricia's life will
be held on June 22, 2009 at 10:00am at Valley View Funeral Home, 14660
- 72nd Avenue, Surrey, BC. A most sincere thank you to the staff at
Surrey Memorial Hospital, BC Cancer Center, and Laurel Place Hospice
for your kindness and care.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

WATSON Frozina (Rose) March 7, 1920 - June 16, 2009 Rose passed away
peacefully at Langley Memorial Hospital on June 16, 2009. Predeceased
by her husband John. She will be sadly missed by her daughters Elaine
Welch (John), Margaret Brainard (Stan), her grandsons John Welch
(Karen), Robert Welch (Joanna), her great-grandsons Dylan, Devon,
Adrian Welch and her special friend Tara Ryan. A memorial service will
be held on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:00pm at Henderson's Funeral
Home, 20786 Fraser Hwy., Langley. You may share your thoughts and
memories online at www.mem.com . In lieu of flowers, donations may be
made to your favorite charity.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009

WILSON- PETER 1922 - 2009 On June 11, 2009, in his 86th year, Peter
Wilson slipped quietly away in Burnaby Hospital with family at his
side. He leaves behind his daughters Lori and Nancy, brother-in-law
Jim Buntain, sister-in-law Ann Buntain, cousin Geoff Harris, nieces
and nephews, who will dearly miss his positive outlook, sharp mind,
sound advice, and that remarkable sense of humour which we rarely saw
coming. He was predeceased by wife Margaret in 2001, son Robert in
1991, and sisters Helen Wilson, Margaret Schuberg, and Janet Gardner.
Son of Thomas and Nell Wilson, Peter was born in Vancouver on Victoria
Drive and grew up in Mount Pleasant. He spent the summers of his youth
fishing along the BC coast with his father and uncle. When confronted
by World War II, Peter joined the RCAF and ferried airplanes around
the world wherever they were needed for the war effort, ultimately
earning the commission of Flying Officer. He survived two crash
landings - in Africa and in Victoria Harbour. Peter worked as a driver
for Dairyland before becoming a representative for the Teamsters
Union, where he rose to President of Local 464 and finally to
President of Teamsters Joint Council 36. In retirement, Peter and
Margaret spent time on the Sunshine Coast and in Lillooet. They were
longtime members of Pitt Meadows and Pender Harbour Golf Clubs - each
proud to have shot a hole-in-one - and enjoyed golfing holidays in
Hawaii, California, and Scotland. A memorial gathering will follow at
a later date. Donations in Peter's memory toward a new Abbeyfield
House would be appreciated: Area A Seniors Housing Project, Box 264,
Madeira Park, BC, V0N 2H0. "God grant me the serenity to accept the
things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom
to know the difference."
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

WRIGHT Judy Caroline (nee Craig) January 2, 1934 - June 14, 2009
Beloved Grandmother, Mother, Sister, Aunt and Friend. Predeceased by
her husband George. Survived by her children, Warren and Dianne,
Lesley and Mike, and Greg and Sandy, her grandchildren, Christina,
Curtis, Julia, Erin and Lucas, her sister, Betty and her brother Neil.
A celebration of her life will be held Tuesday June 23 at 1:30 pm at
Fraser Heights Chapel, 14835 Fraser Highway, Surrey. In lieu of
flowers, kindly make donations in Judy's memory to the Heart & Stroke
Foundation. Fraser Heights Chapel 604-589-2559
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009

This thread: