CANADA-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > CANADA-OBITS > 2009-06 > 1245963982

From: Dennice Goudie <>
Subject: [CANADA-OBITS] Vancouver Sun and/or The Province, June 22, 2009
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:06:22 -0700

Vancouver Sun and/or The Province, June 22, 2009
remembering.ca > Vancouver home

Obituaries and Memoriam(s) for 6/22/2009
Page 1 of 1 (15 total results)

ALLAN Phyllis (Joan) (nee Ash) Born Regina, SK on December 1929,
Passed away June 10, 2009. Survived by husband Bill, sons Rob
(Michelle) and John, brothers Art, Jim (Nancy) and David (Rosalie),
sister Mary (Isak), and grandchildren Brad, Ashley and Alicia. Joan
attended Normal School in Victoria, and taught elementary school on
Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. A celebration of Joan's life
will be held 1:00pm, Saturday, July 4, 2009 at Gordon Presbyterian
Church, 7457 Edmonds Street, Burnaby, BC.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

CERVO Maddalena "Nella" (nee Dal Maso) Nella "Nonna" was born on June
3, 1911 in Posina (Vicenza), Italy and passed away on June 16, 2009.
Nella was a loving mother of two children and grandmother to seven
grandchildren. Predeceased by husband, Mario, daughter, Mirella and
son, Armando. Survived by grandchildren; Manuela (Douglas), Diana
(Walter), Neves (Glenn), Milena (Ingo), Roger (Helen), Doris (Aussie),
Tony, ten great-grandchildren and one on the way, daughter in law,
Nena and many more family and friends. Our family sincerely
appreciates the companionship that Rina provided our Nonna for many
years. We would also like to extend our gratitude to the wonderful
care given by the staff at the Villa Carital. Funeral Mass will be
held on Friday, June 26, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at Corpus Christi
Church,6350 Naniamo Street, Vancouver, B.C. In lieu of flowers,
donations may be made in memory of Nella to the Villa Carital Nursing
Home, 3050 Penticton Street, Vancouver, B.C.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/20/2009 - 6/22/2009

(Memoriam)
DELLEMONACHE Savino P. (Sam) June 20, 1923 - May 25, 2007 "The ones
who think of you today are the ones who love you. Always in our
thoughts, our hearts and in our memories. Happy Birthday Dad, Gramps,
Uncle Sam - Happy Fathers Day, Dad" - We love you and miss you - Your
Family
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/19/2009 - 6/22/2009

ENSWORTH F. Mary Ensworth (nee Broadwood) Died on June 12, 2009 after
a long and courageous battle with pneumenitis. Predeceased by her
husband, Clyde, she is survived by 3 children, Stephanie, Colin and
Gordon, and 6 grandchildren, Alison, Elizabeth, Lauren, Alex, Erik and
Nicholas. Mary dedicated her working life to nursing at VGH, CAS and
LGH where she was highly regarded. Memorial Service to be held on July
11 at 2 pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, Vancouver. In lieu of
flowers, please donate to St. Paul's Hospital Foundation-Pacific Lung
Health Centre.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

FOWLER William Arthur Passed away at Cottage Hospice Vancouver,
Friday, June 12 2009. Born January 31, 1918 in London, Ontario. Served
in WWII with the Canadian Royal Air Force. After the war Bill spent 16
years in Johannesburg, South Africa. Returning to Canada he worked for
the Ontario Legislation in the Ministry for Commerce and Trade for
many years and in this capacity he travelled the world extensively
covering Europe and Asia. Bill spent five years in Japan before
returning to Canada and after retirement he eventually settled in
Vancouver. Bill will be remembered by all who knew him as a "bigger
than life" personality, always a smile and a great story to tell. The
family wish to thank Dr. Tasha Bienert for her compassionate care of
Bill. Also thanks to the wonderful team of nurses at the peaceful and
tranquil Cottage Hospice in Burrard View Park. Survived by his loving
wife Jytte, son Tony (Judy), daughter Louise, granddaughters Ashley
and Lisa, step-daughter Tina and step-granddaughter Lexa. No funeral
service by Bill's request.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

FRANGOLIAS Vasilios Born August 15, 1919 in Xirokabos, Messinias,
Greece, passed away on June 19, 2009 at Vancouver General Hospital. He
will be lovingly remembered by his wife Voula of 54 years of marriage;
sons Jim (Marina) and Costa; grandchildren Vassilis and Angeliki as
well as many other family members. Prayers will be held on Tuesday,
June 23 at 7:00pm at St. George's Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 4500
Arbutus Street, Vancouver where a funeral service will be held on
Wednesday, June 24 at 12:30pm. Father Demetrios Partsafas officiating.
Burial to follow at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Burnaby. Condolences and
tributes may be sent to the family by visiting www.MeM.com
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

GUEST Doris Louisa Formerly Blanche nee Salt April 12, 1925 - June 18,
2009 It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our dear
Mother, Doris Guest. Mom is predeceased by her loving husband Russell,
brothers Rupert, Gordon and Bruce, parents Charles and Jane Salt and
most recently her son, Jim Blanche. Mom is survived by her daughters;
Susan, Linda, Nancy, Heather (Maurice) and son Tim. Grandchildren;
Karen (Lyle), Linda (Bryan), Paul (Rebecca),Christa and Mikayla.
Great-grandchildren; Justin and Marisa. Born into a third generation
RCMP family, Doris resided in every province across Canada, until 1937
when her family settled in Vancouver. She attended Magee High School,
where she established many long lasting friendships. While raising a
large family in West Vancouver, Mom found time for a successful and
distinguished career in modeling. She was a loving and devoted mother
and she will be terribly missed by many friends and family. Mom
suffered a major stroke in July 2002, leaving her partially disabled.
Since then, her home has been at the West Vancouver Care Centre,
surrounded and cared for by truly kind and dedicated staff. The family
wishes to acknowledge Dr. Wayne Smith who provided excellent care and
compassion during this difficult time along with the staff at Lions
Gate Hospital and Handy Dart. We extend our heart filled gratitude to
each of you. A memorial service will be held at St. David's United
Church, 1525 Taylor Way, West Vancouver, BC, 604-922-3961 on Friday,
June 26, 2009 at 10:30 am. Please join us for a reception to follow.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the BC Heart and Stroke
Foundation in Doris' memory.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/21/2009 - 6/22/2009

(Memoriam)
W.L. BILL HASTINGS September 10, 1923 - June 22, 2006 YOU ARE ALWAYS
IN OUR HEARTS - Loved and missed, Nan, Trevor and Terre
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

HOEKSTRA Marianne (nee Plas) It is with heavy hearts that we announce
the passing of Marianne in the early morning hours of Thursday, June
18, 2009. Beloved wife of Edwin, loving mother to Lauren (Travis)
Molzahn, and Vincent. Marianne was born in The Hague, Holland on June
22, 1948 and is predeceased by her parents, Anton and Elbertina Plas.
Also surviving her are her sisters; Frederika (Andrew) in Edmonton,
Betty, Francine and Pem in Holland, and brothers, Jorn (Virgen) in
Holland, and Case (Ronny) in Nanaimo, as well as many nieces and
nephews. After graduation Marianne began a career in nursing and then
in Pharmaceutical Sales. She met the love of her life, Edwin, in 1974
and they were married on August 4, 1977. A month later they immigrated
to Canada, living in Edmonton, Alberta. While in Edmonton, Marianne
had several very successful careers; first as a Sales Representative
for Charles of the Ritz Cosmetics, a Project Sales Manager for Nu-West
Homes and then she opened and managed several high end ladies fashion
stores for Boutique Marie-Claire. Marianne and Edwin were thrilled to
become parents to daughter, Lauren, born in July, 1986. The following
year the young family moved to British Columbia settling in North
Delta. Their son, Vincent, was born in March, 1989. Life changed
dramatically when Marianne was diagnosed with cancer in 1993. The many
debilitating side effects of the treatments to cure this disease took
its toll on Marianne. The last 16 years have been very challenging for
her but through it all she continued to maintain a positive attitude
and confidence in her faith in God. With great determination she
fulfilled her dream to be there for her beautiful daughter, Lauren's,
wedding to Travis on May 30, 2009. The undying love and support of her
beloved husband and children were a constant source of strength and
encouragement. The family wishes to thank the many friends and family
who supported her during these many years with love and prayers and
also the excellent care Marianne received at Surrey Memorial Hospital
and Delta Hospital. A celebration of Marianne's life will be held at
Sunshine Ridge Baptist Church (6230 - 120th Street, Surrey) on
Thursday, June 25th, at 2:30pm. Viewing at 9:30am at Sunshine Ridge
Baptist Church with interment following at 11:00am at Boundary Bay
Cemetery (858 - 56th Street, Delta). God of Mercy, look with love on
Marianne And receive her into your heavenly kingdom
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

(Memoriam)
KNOPP Leonard L. June 22nd, 2007 I remember the day I met you and the
day you became mine, I remember the day I lost you and will till the
end of time, But through these 2 long lonely years one thought has
made me glad, That you chose me to share with you the wonderful years
we had. Each time I see your photo you seem to smile and say, "Don't
cry I'm only sleeping, we'll meet again some day". Eternal love -
Marina (Rene)
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

LA LEGGIA Gaetana December 7th, 1933 - June 19th, 2009 Gaetana La
Leggia passed away peacefully on June 19th, 2009. She joins her life
long love and husband Salvatore who predeceased her in 2007. Gaetana
is survived by her three children Lidia, Angelo and Joseph and two
grandchildren Natalie and Joey. She will be deeply missed by all her
children and friends. Prayers will be held at 8pm on Thursday, June
25th, 2009, at St. Helen's Parish, 3860 Triumph St., Burnaby. Mass of
Christian Burial will take place at St. Helen's on Friday, June 26th,
2009, at 11:30am. Entombment will follow at Ocean View Cemetery, 4000
Imperial St., Burnaby, in the South Mausoleum. Reception at Ocean View
Fireside Lounge to follow.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

(Memoriam)
MCMASTER - JACK THOMAS February 11, 1934 - June 22, 2007 "Never will
the one I loved From memory pass away. - Noreen"
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

(Memoriam)
MENDEL (NEE ELIASON) Judith (Judy) Ann b. April 4, 1950 d. June 22,
2007 What would we give her hand to clasp, Her face to see to hear her
voice, To see her smile, As in the days that used to be. Some sweet
day beyond the strife we will clasp each other's hands, In Heaven,
that happy life. Greatly missed by sons Joe, Marshall, and Matthew,
husband Tom, daughters-in-law Diana and Kristy & grandson Connor ...
LOVE FOREVER
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

PERRY Peter Wayne In loving memory of PETER WAYNE PERRY who passed
suddenly on Friday, June 19, 2009. Peter was a wonderful father, papa,
brother and son. He is survived by his two daugthers Krissie and Jenny
and 3 beautiful granddaughters, Sammy, Emma and Janiece. Peter was a
kind and gentle soul who loved life to the fullest. There wasn`t a
person on earth that he didn`t leave a lasting impression on. He will
be missed every minute of everyday. May he and his beloved wife Janice
rest in peace, together again.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province from 6/21/2009 - 6/22/2009

SMITH Frank Ronald It is with profound sadness that we announce the
sudden passing of our beloved father, grandfather and
great-grandfather, Frank Ronald Smith. Dad was born in Calgary on May
18, 1927 and passed away at home in his sleep on June 16, 2009. Dad
was predeceased by wives, Sylvia (and baby daughter), Georgina and
Dorothy, and sons Danny and Reid. He is survived by daughters Diane
(John), Lori (Warren), Tania (Gary), Debbie (Richard), Susanne (Brad),
sons Tom (Karen) and David, grandchildren Jesse, Darren, Alayna
(Duane), Carlie, Matthew, Bradley, Colin, Breanne,
great-grandchildren, Lovella and Tru and his dearest friend and
companion Kathleen Hargie. Dad was raised by his adoptive parents,
Fred and Margaret Smith in Monte Lake, BC and enjoyed the outdoors all
his life. Dad worked in many areas of BC and retired from Reliable
Parts in 1992. We are grateful that Dad enjoyed an active life in his
later years, traveling to many parts of the world. We wish to thank
the Department of Veteran's Affairs and Dad's many friends at his
Avondale residence in Surrey for their support. A family memorial
service will be held at a later date.
Published in the Vancouver Sun and/or The Province on 6/22/2009

This thread: