CANNON-L ArchivesArchiver > CANNON > 1997-09 > 0874860367
Subject: CANNON ~ 1760 ~ SC ~ GA ~ AL
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:46:07 -0400 (EDT)
Here is a part of my Cannons, if interested I can send more privatly.
Thanks Debi K.
1. NATHANIEL1 CANNON was born 1760 in S. C., and died 04/18/1844 in
Wilkinson Co. GA. He married FRANCIS SUMNER 1790 in Burke Co. GA.
Nathaniel Cannon is listed as a member of Big Sandy Missionary Baptist
Church from 1812 to1836
Under Mount Olive Primitive Baptist Church: Organized 1837, it's original
members came overfrom the Big Sandy Missionary Baptist Church. Records from
the Cannon Family claim the land for erecting the church was given by
Nathaniel Cannon, whos wife was Francis Sumner. They were among the first
bearing that name to settle in Wilkenson co. Both were born in SC. The
church is located on the Laurens - Wilkinson Co. line. It was apparently
placed there to convienance the Cannon families. Others who withdrew from Big
Sandy helped to form Pleasant Plains. Those named as organizers of Mount
Olive were; William Payne, a minister, and his wife Sara, Benjamin Fordham
lll (Elsie miller); Nathan Cannon and his son Miles (Nancy Isler); John
Holliman (Prudence Hooks); Anna Buckholtz and Martha Payne.
Children of Nathaniel Cannon and Francis Sumner are:
2. i. WILEY2 CANNON, b. 1791, Burke Co. GA; d. 06/08/1857, Columbus,
Muscogee Co. GA.
3. ii. ELIZABETH (LIZZIE) CANNON, b. 1794, Burke Co. GA.
iii. LUCRETIA CANNON, b. 1796, Burke Co. GA; m. (1) JAMES JUSTICE, Abt
1824; m. (2) JOHN W. RYE, 1825-1826.
4. iv. MILES CANNON, b. 10/02/1797, Laurens Co. SC; d. 10/16/1853, GA ?.
v. KEZIAH CANNON, b. 08/08/1799, Burks Co, GA; m. (1) JESSE HARRIS; m.
(2) J.L. HANCOCK, 03/07/1822, Wilkinson Co. GA.
5. vi. ALLEN CANNON, b. 1801, Wilkinson Co. GA.
6. vii. NATHANIEL JR. CANNON, b. 1801, Wilkinson Co. GA.
7. viii. DIDEMMA CANNON, b. 1803, Wilkinson Co. GA; d. Abt 1880.
8. ix. JOICIE CANNON, b. 1805, Wilkinson Co. GA; d. 1832, Wilkinson Co.
9. x. JAMES CANNON, b. 03/04/1809, Wilkinson Co. GA; d. 06/13/1857.
Generation No. 2
2. WILEY2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1791 in Burke Co. GA, and died
06/08/1857 in Columbus, Muscogee Co. GA. He married (1) CHARLOTTE UNKNOWN
1818 in Muscogee Co. GA. He married (2) SUSANNA SHEPARD 1851 in Cass co.
Children of Wiley Cannon and Charlotte Unknown are:
i. ZILPHY3 CANNON, b. 1822; m. THOMAS G. WOOD, 10/16/1844, Muscogee
10. ii. WHERRY M. CANNON, b. 01/16/1823, Wilkinson Co. GA; d. Bef 1871,
Wilkinson Co. GA.
11. iii. SARAH CANNON, b. 1824, Muscogee Co. GA.
iv. JAMES CANNON, b. 1825, Muscogee Co. Georgia.
12. v. MALISSA CANNON, b. 1826, Muscogee Co. GA.
vi. LEMUEL CANNON, b. 01/02/1826, Muscogee Co. GA; d. 06/27/1902; m.
NANCY WHITE, 01/08/1859, Muscogee Co. GA.
vii. LEWIS C CANNON, b. 1829, Muscogee Co. GA.
viii. JOHN F. CANNON, b. 1830, Muscogee Co. GA; d. 1850, Columbus,
ix. ELBERT CANNON, b. 1832, Muscogee Co. GA; m. NELLIE WOMACK,
12/22/1857, Coosa, AL.
13. x. DAVID CANNON, b. 1834, Wilkinson, GA; d. Cass Co. TX.
xi. JESSE D CANNON, b. 05/1836, Muscogee, GA; d. 04/06/1909, Cass co.
Texas; m. CATHRINE WOMMACK, Muscogee Co. Georgia.
xii. ROBERT J CANNON, b. 1838, Muscogee Co. Georgia.
Child of Wiley Cannon and Susanna Shepard is:
xiii. ANDREW W.3 CANNON, b. 1855, Wilkinson Co Georgia.
3. ELIZABETH (LIZZIE)2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1794 in Burke Co. GA.
She married WILLIAM NATHAN BOWEN 1816 in Wilkinson Co. GA.
Child of Elizabeth Cannon and William Bowen is:
14. i. WILLIAM N.3 BOWEN, b. 1817.
4. MILES2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 10/02/1797 in Laurens Co. SC, and
died 10/16/1853 in GA ?. He married NANCY ISLER 06/1820 in Burke Co. GA,
daughter of Nathan Isler and Lishy Unknown.
Children of Miles Cannon and Nancy Isler are:
15. i. JOHN G.3 CANNON, b. 1821, Wilkinson Co GA.
ii. NATHANIEL I CANNON, b. 1825, Wilkinson Co GA; d. 1863.
16. iii. WYLIE LEWIS CANNON, b. 11/03/1827, Wilkinson Co GA; d. 03/14/1863.
iv. WILLIAM A. CANNON, b. 1833, Wilkinson Co GA; m. SARAH L DUPREE,
10/05/1852, Wilkinson Co GA.
v. NATHAN W. CANNON, b. 1836, Wilkinson Co GA.
17. vi. DAVID S CANNON, b. 1838, Wilkinson Co. GA.
18. vii. MILES JEFFERSON CANNON, b. 1842, Wilkinson Co GA.
viii. NANCY L. CANNON, b. 1844, Wilkinson Co GA; m. WILEY BENDER.
5. ALLEN2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1801 in Wilkinson Co. GA. He married
RACHAEL MARY RIGSBY 1840 in Wilkinson Co. GA.
Children of Allen Cannon and Rachael Rigsby are:
i. FRANCES ANN3 CANNON, m. THOMAS DICKSON, 10/20/1846, Wilkinson Co.
ii. LEAH JEAN CANNON, m. JOEL LOFTON, 07/29/1852, Wilkinson Co GA.
19. iii. LUCRETIA CANNON.
iv. PHOEBE ANN CANNON, m. JAMES (JESSE) RERCO, 11/07/1849, Wilkinson Co
v. IVERSON CANNON, b. 1830; m. VIRGINIA MURKINSON, 09/30/1852,
Wilkinson Co GA.
20. vi. WILLIAM FRANKLIN CANNON, b. 1839, Wilkinson Co GA; d. 1903.
6. NATHANIEL JR.2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1801 in Wilkinson Co. GA.
Children of Nathaniel Cannon are:
i. HARRIET3 CANNON, b. 1829, Wilkinson Co. GA.
ii. WILLIAM H. CANNON, b. 1831, Wilkinson Co. GA.
7. DIDEMMA2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1803 in Wilkinson Co. GA, and died
Abt 1880. She married (1) THEOPHILUS MASON 1825 in Wilkinson Co GA. She
married (2),GEORGE BRACK 1840.
Children of Didemma Cannon and Theophilus Mason are:
i. FRANCES3 MASON.
ii. JOHN MASON.
iii. JOYCE MASON.
iv. MARY MASON.
v. OFFEANN MASON.
vi. RACHEL MASON.
vii. NATHANIEL ENET MASON, b. 10/29/1826, GA; d. 01/01/1910; m. RACHEL
viii. JAMES ALLEN MASON, b. 11/03/1834, Wilkinson Co GA; d.
10/30/1911; m. MELISSA MAGDALENE BRANAN, 12/27/1858.
ix. AMANDA C./E. MASON, b. 1836, Ga; m. ELI NESMITH.
Children of Didemma Cannon and George Brack are:
x. MILES3 BRACK.
xi. ELI BRACK.
xii. FRANKLIN BRACK.
xiii. ELIZABETH BRACK.
xiv. DORINDA BRACK.
8. JOICIE2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 1805 in Wilkinson Co. GA, and died
1832 in Wilkinson Co. GA. She married GEORGE HARRISON.
Child of Joicie Cannon and George Harrison is:
i. ELIZABETH3 HARRISON.
9. JAMES2 CANNON (NATHANIEL1) was born 03/04/1809 in Wilkinson Co. GA, and
died 06/13/1857. He married LEAH STANLEY WEST Abt 1830 in Wilkinson Co. GA,
daughter of James Stanley and Leah Fordham.
Children of James Cannon and Leah West are:
i. WILLIAM3 CANNON, b. Wilkinson Co. GA.
ii. FRANKLIN ALLEN CANNON, b. 09/16/1832, Wilkinson Co. GA; d. 1915,
Laurens Co. GA.
iii. HARDY W. CANNON, b. 1834, Wilkinson Co. GA.
iv. MARY F. CANNON, b. 1836, Wilkinson Co. GA; m. H.M. GREEN.
v. BENJAMIN F. CANNON, b. 1837, Wilkinson Co. GA.
vi. NANCY A. CANNON, b. 1838, Wilkinson Co. GA.
vii. EDWARD B. CANNON, b. 1840, Wilkinson Co. GA.
viii. WINNIFORD CANNON, b. 1841, Wilkinson Co. GA; m. JAMES A.
ix. LEAH M. CANNON, b. 1844, Wilkinson Co. GA.
x. RACHEL A. CANNON, b. 1847, Wilkinson Co. GA.
xi. LUCRETIA J. CANNON, b. 1848, Wilkinson Co. GA; m. R.J. STUCKEY.
xii. JOSEPH M. CANNON, b. 1850, Wilkinson Co. GA.
xiii. ELSIE ALSY CANNON, b. 1851, Wilkinson Co. GA; m. GEORGE NATHAN
xiv. GEORGE W CANNON, b. 10/03/1853, Wilkinson Co. GA.
Generation No. 3
10. WHERRY M.3 CANNON (WILEY2, NATHANIEL1) was born 01/16/1823 in Wilkinson
Co. GA, and died Bef 1871 in Wilkinson Co. GA. He married BETSIE ANN NELSON
12/21/1852 in Muscogee, GA, daughter of Jesse Nelson and Susan Wall.
Children of Wherry Cannon and Betsie Nelson are:
i. SUSIE M.4 CANNON, b. 12/13/1853, Muscogee Co. GA.
21. ii. ROBERT JASPER CANNON, b. 09/01/1855, Chatahoochee Co. GA; d.
06/23/1933, Lone Grove, Carter Co. OK / Hewitt Cemetery.
22. iii. LEE ANDER CANNON, b. 12/08/1858, Chattahoochee Co. GA.
11. SARAH3 CANNON (WILEY2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1824 in Muscogee Co. GA.
She married JAMES M SMITH 10/23/1845 in Muscogee Co. GA.
Child of Sarah Cannon and James Smith is:
i. SARAH4 SMITH, b. 1846.
12. MALISSA3 CANNON (WILEY2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1826 in Muscogee Co. GA.
She married RUFUS SHARP 06/12/1845 in Muscogee, GA.
Children of Malissa Cannon and Rufus Sharp are:
i. CHARLOTTE4 SHARP, b. 1846.
ii. WILLIAM R. SHARP, b. 1847.
iii. SARAH SHARP, b. 1849.
13. DAVID3 CANNON (WILEY2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1834 in Wilkinson, GA, and
died in Cass Co. TX. He married SARAH ELIZABETH WOMACK 11/20/1856 in
Muscogee Co. GA.
Children of David Cannon and Sarah Womack are:
i. ELIZABETH4 CANNON, b. 1857, near Wetumpka, Elmore Co. AL; m.
WILLIAM T. (SPURGER) RIDDLESPURGER, 03/03/1881, Cass co. TX.
ii. SARAH CANNON, b. 11/28/1858, Wetumpka, Elmore co. AL; d.
05/31/1927; m. JOSEPH HENRY JOHNSON, 10/28/1885.
iii. MALE CANNON, b. Abt 1860, Wetumpka, Elmore co. AL; d. Bef 1865,
Elmore Co. AL.
iv. MALE CANNON, b. Abt 1862, Wetumpka, Elmore co. AL; d. Bef 1865,
ELmore Co. AL.
23. v. MARY ZILPHA "MOLLIE" CANNON, b. 06/1866, Elmore Co. AL; d. 1910,
Cass co. TX.
24. vi. ELLEN CANNON, b. 04/22/1869, Elmore Co. AL; d. 03/11/1961, Morris
25. vii. CATHRINE MAUDE "KATIE" CANNON, b. 08/03/1870, Elmore Co. AL; d.
01/14/1936, Hughes Springs, Cass Co. TX.
26. viii. ARTHUR DAVID CANNON, b. 12/18/1874, Marietta, Cass, Co. TX; d.
27. ix. JESSIE GERTRUDE CANNON, b. 12/23/1876, Marietta, Cass, Co. TX; d.
10/16/1961, Camp Co. TX.
14. WILLIAM N.3 BOWEN (ELIZABETH (LIZZIE)2 CANNON, NATHANIEL1) was born
1817. He married NANCY L. DUPREE 01/03/1838 in Wilkinson Co. GA.
Children of William Bowen and Nancy DuPree are:
i. CYTHIA4 BOWEN, b. 1840, Wilkinson Co GA.
ii. JOHN BOWEN, b. 1841, Wilkinson Co GA.
iii. WILLIAM BOWEN, b. 1842, Wilkinson Co GA.
iv. MARY R. BOWEN, b. 1844, Wilkinson Co GA.
v. JAMES J. BOWEN, b. 1845, Wilkinson Co GA.
vi. NANCY BOWEN, b. 1847, Wilkinson Co GA.
vii. JANE BOWEN, b. 1849, Wilkinson Co GA.
15. JOHN G.3 CANNON (MILES2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1821 in Wilkinson Co GA.
He married (1) JANE GREEN 12/22/1842 in Wilkinson Co GA, daughter of Jesse
Green. He married (2) ELIZABETH MATHIS 08/28/1853 in Wilkinson Co GA. He
married (3) MARGARET NESMITH 05/18/1866 in Wilkinson Co GA, daughter of J.
Nesmith and Elizabeth Walker.
Children of John Cannon and Jane Green are:
i. LETIA4 CANNON, b. 1844, GA; m. UNKNOWN MAPLES.
ii. MARTHA ANN CANNON, b. 1845, GA; d. 1854.
iii. NANCY CANNON, b. 1847, GA.
28. iv. MARY J. CANNON, b. 1848, GA.
Children of John Cannon and Elizabeth Mathis are:
29. v. M.J.4 CANNON, b. 1854.
vi. BENJAMIN CANNON, b. 1855; m. SARAH BUTLER.
vii. CLARBORN CANNON, b. 1858.
30. viii. J. CANNON, b. 1859.
ix. DREW J. CANNON, b. 1864.
Children of John Cannon and Margaret Nesmith are:
x. RACHAEL4 CANNON, b. 1868.
xi. WINNIE A. CANNON, m. HOMER ADAMS.
xii. JOHN N. CANNON, b. 1874; m. POLLY ROZAR.
xiii. W.A. CANNON, b. 1875; m. GUS ROZAR.
xiv. JAMES D. CANNON, b. 1878; m. MAGGIE DAVIDSON.
16. WYLIE LEWIS3 CANNON (MILES2, NATHANIEL1) was born 11/03/1827 in
Wilkinson Co GA, and died 03/14/1863. He married MILLIE ANN GREEN, daughter
of Eason Green and Eliza Weaver.
Children of Wylie Cannon and Millie Green are:
i. EASON M.4 CANNON, b. 1849.
ii. NANCY ALICE CANNON, b. 09/23/1862; m. RICHARD RANDOLPH CARR,
17. DAVID S3 CANNON (MILES2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1838 in Wilkinson Co. GA.
He married MARY GILDER.
Children of David Cannon and Mary Gilder are:
i. JAMES4 CANNON.
ii. NANCY CANNON.
18. MILES JEFFERSON3 CANNON (MILES2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1842 in Wilkinson
Co GA. He married (1) HESTER WILLIAMS, daughter of William Williams and Mary
Ross. He married (2) MARTH FORDHAM 05/30/1867 in Wilkinson Co GA.
Children of Miles Cannon and Hester Williams are:
i. LOTTIE4 CANNON, b. 1872; m. JAMES HOWELL.
ii. NANCY J. CANNON, b. 1874; m. BEN YARBOROUGH.
iii. FERNANDO CANNON, b. 1879; m. OLA PIERCE.
19. LUCRETIA3 CANNON (ALLEN2, NATHANIEL1). She married WILEY FORDHAM
03/14/1845 in Wilkinson Co GA.
Children of Lucretia Cannon and Wiley Fordham are:
i. ELI W.4 FORDHAM.
ii. RACHEL FORDHAM.
iii. JACKSON FORDHAM.
iv. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN FORDHAM.
v. ELISIE JANE FORDHAM.
vi. JOEL IVERSON FORDHAM.
vii. JAMES WILEY FORDHAM.
viii. MARSHALL FORDHAM.
ix. CHARLES EDGAR FORDHAM.
20. WILLIAM FRANKLIN3 CANNON (ALLEN2, NATHANIEL1) was born 1839 in Wilkinson
Co GA, and died 1903. He married MARY BUTLER.
Children of William Cannon and Mary Butler are:
i. PEARL4 CANNON, m. HUBERT DR. C. WOOD.
ii. WILLIAM FRANK JR. CANNON, m. ELLEN SMITH.
iii. ROY CANNON, m. LILLIAN ROBERTS.
iv. MAGGIE M. CANNON, m. ED REV. PHARIS.
v. DAUGHTER CANNON.