CARAKER-L Archives

Archiver > CARAKER > 2000-02 > 0949800439

From: <>
Subject: [CARAKER-L] Re: CARAKER-D Digest V00 #4
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 20:27:19 EST

I would like to correspond with anyone who may have corrections or
additional information on this this CARAKER line. Marian
1st generation:

Johann Conrad Kercher/ Caraker born on 12 Feb 1651 in Dillenburg,Germany.
His family was from Creuzenach, Germany (Pfaltz or Palatinate area). He died
19 Jan 1724 in Pfaltz, the fabled Black Forest of Germany. Kercher is the
German spelling of our Caraker name. Every family member changed the
spelling of the surname as they migrated over the Eastern colonies and later
the South. This was to become more Americanized. Siblings adapted spellings
different from each other and from parents. Most "K" spellings migrated to
Ill. and "C" spellings seem to migrate to NC and Ga. He married Magdalen
Feller on 7 May 1674 in Germany. I have found only 1 child, as of this
writing, and he was our own great ancestor.

Children of Johann Conrad Kercher/ Caraker are:

1. Johann Philip Kercher/ Caraker b. 23 Dec 1675 in
Creuzenach, Germany.

He married Anna Margaretha Reeb
(Rapp) 25 Sept 1703.
She was born 25 Feb 1685 in Germany
and died 14 Dec 1753
in Pa. Anna emigrated with Johann
Philip and seven children

on 24 Sept 1742 on the SS Robert and Alice to port of Pa.
They were members of the Old
Goshenhoppen Luthern Ch.
where they setteled in Philadelphia
Co.,Pa. later to split into
two counties, Berks Co. and
Montgomery Co., Pa.
. children are: Anna Maria Magdalena,
Maria Catherine,

Anna Margatetha, Philip, Jahanna,
Susanna, Johann George.

2nd generation:

Johann Philip Karcher/ Caraker born 23 Dec 1675 in Kreuznach, Germany, and
died 22 March 1757 in America, about 14 years after he emigrated to America
with his family. He married Anna Margaretha Reeb on 25 Sept 1703 in
Germany. She was born 25 Feb 1685 in Germany and died 14 Dec 1753 ? in Pa.
German emmigrants of this time were emigrating because of persecution and
were a part of the mass emigration called "The years Of The Destroying
Angels". These Palatine emigrants made their way to England expecting to
board English ships to go to America. Some have cronicled the passage of
these German emigrants and all the horror, illness, delays, and even death
they had to endure until arriving months later. These German emigrants were
promised freedom and land grants in America. Johann Philip and Anna
Margaretha were among these emigrants.

Children of Johann Phillip and Anna Margaretha are:

1. Anna Maria Magdalena Karcher/ Caraker born 1718, near
Kreuznach,
Germany. died in Fredrick Township,
Philadelphia Co., Pa.
married Johan Henricus Bayer ( born
1724 in Grunstadt,
Germany) on Feb 1746. children are:
Johann George,Johann
Philip,Conrad, Johan Henrich,
Johann Valentina, Johann
Jacob.

2. Maria Catherine Kerger/Caraker born:1720 in Germany and
died in1795.

Maria married Johann Leonard
Berkheimer on 8 Jan 1744
in Pennsylvania Co., Pa. He was born
3 March 1722 in the
Palatenate, Germany, emigrated
in1732. children are: Johan
Michael William, Maria Salome, John
George, Johan Philip,
Johann Henricus, Johan Jacob,
Johan Jacob William,
Andreas, Maria Magdalena.

3. Anna Margaretha Karcher/ Caraker born 1723 in Germany.
married
Johann George Rapp on 15 March 1757
in Philadelphia
Co., Pennsylvania.

4. Phillip Karcher/ Caraker born. 1726 in Germany and died
in 1807 in

Cabarrus Co., and married Catherina
Eisenman in 1751
in Pa. They are our imigrant grand
parents.
children are: Philip, Paul,
Andreas, Catherina, George,
Maria Mottelina, Henricus, Anna
Catherine, Maria.

5. Johanna Karcher/ Caraker born 1729 in Germany

6. Susanna Karcher born 1730 in Germany. married Peter
Herger in 1754

7. Johan George Karcher/ Caraker born about 1732 in
Germany. married

Julianna.

3rd generation:

Philip Karcher/ Caraker was born 1726 in Buchenburg, Germany, and died 1807
in Cabarrus Co. NC. He married Catherina Eisenman in 1751, in Pa.

Children of Phillip and Catherina are:

1. Phillip Caraker Jr. born 1760 in Pa., died in 1856 in
Cabarrus Co. NC.
married #1 Eva Goodman 1787
children are:
George, Mary, Adam Thimothy,
Solomon, Charles.

2. Paul Caraker born 1768 in Cabarrus Co., NC. and died
in 1828 in
Cabarrus Co. NC. married
Catherine Wiggins on 31
May 1802. children: Elizabeth,
Abraham,Adam, John,

Mary, Sophia.

3. George Caraker (Sr) born 25 Oct 1752 in Phila. Co.,
Pa. died 6 Oct.
1836 in Heard Co., Ga. Military
Rev. War # 9488 married
Susanna. children: George,
Susanna, John, Philip, Cathy

Jacob, Daniell-----2nd married
Frances Lee, 8 April1808
Wadesboro, Anson Co.,
NC.----children: Rachel, Henry.

4. Andreas/ Andrew Carraker/ Caraker, born 5 Dec 1755
Winsor,
Berks Co., Pa. (Record in Daniell
Schumacher's Baptism's)
Also "Pennsylvania German Society"
Volumne 1

page 224. He married Christina
Bost. He died before
April in1819. Christina died in
1836 in Cabarrus Co, NC.
They were members of the Lutheran
faith. they had six sons
and four daughters--they were:
Katherine, Henry, Philip,
Andrew, Jacob, Hannah, Moses,
Mary, Sally. He is our
g.g.g. grandfather.

5. Anna Catherine Caraker born March 1757, baptised
29 May 1757 at
8 wks. record at Zions Moselm
Church. Richard Township
Berks Co, Pa. Sponsors: Peter and
Ana Maria Harginer

She died 1757.

6. Catherina Caraker born 25 March1759, baptised13
May1759 records
page 79 of Old Goshenhoppen
Church, Montgomery Co.,
Pa. Spnosors: Leonard and
Catherina Berkheimer

(Philip's sister)

7. Henricus Karcher/ Caraker born 1 Jan. 1761,
baptised 11 May 1761

recorded page 81 of Old Goshenhoppen
Church ,
Montgomery Co. Pa. Spnosers:
Henry and Magdalena
Beyer (Philip's sister).

8. Maria Karcher/ Caraker born 1765 married
Michael Overcash Jr.,
on 22 March 1790 in Cabarrus
Co. NC.

9. Maria Mottelina Karcher/ Caraker born 1754 -
married Henry
Avenger on 15 June 1774 in
Rowan Co., NC

4th generation:

Andrew Carraker/ Caraker was born 5 Dec 1755 in Pa. and died before April
in 1819 in Cabarrus Co., NC. He married Cristina Bost in 1836 in Cabarrus
Co. NC. He is our g.g.g grandfather. They were the parents of ten children
including our g.g.grandfather, Moses Caraker.

Children of Andrew and Christina Caraker:

1. Katherine Carraker/ Caraker born 1782 in Cabarrus
Co. NC She
married John Wentz..

2. Henry Carriker b.

3. Philip Carraker/ Caraker b.1786 Cabarrus Co.,NC
married Mary Smith in 1810.
Their children are
Leah, John Wesley, George,
Jacob Locke, Delilah.

4. Andrew Carriker/ Caraker was b.

5. Jacob Carraker/ Caraker b.1791 Cabarrus Co. NC.
married Pheobe
Verble on 16 Oct 1826 in
Union Co. Illinois His
children are:
Mathias,Reuben, Israel, Daniel.

6. Daniel Karraker/ Caraker b.

7. Hannah Carraker/ Caraker born in 1795 in
Cabarrus Co. NC.
married Paul Starnes

8. Moses Carraker/ Caraker b.13 Aug 1797 Cabarrus
Co., NC.
He married Sarah Fisher
(Fischer, German sp)
on 17 April 1820 in NC.
He died in May 1860.
They had ten children-
George Washington, Daniel,
Mary, I am still
verifying the remaining children.

9. Mary Carraker/ Caraker was born 1799 in Cabarrus
Co. NC.
She married Valentine
Bost

10. Sally Karcher/ Caraker was born 30 Oct 1815 in
Cabarrus Co. NC.
She married Jacob
Barnhardt. She died 11 May 1886
and is buried with Jacob