CARIBBEAN-L Archives

Archiver > CARIBBEAN > 2010-06 > 1275752551

From: Rory McGregor <>
Subject: [Carib] Jamaicans in World War 1
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:42:31 +0100

I have found the following Jamaicans who died in World War One and for the most part served in regiments other than the BWIR.

Name:CLEMETSON, DAVID LOUIS
Initials:D L
Nationality:United Kingdom
Rank:Lieutenant
Regiment/Service:Pembroke Yeomanry
Age:24
Date of Death:21/09/1918
Additional information:Son of David R. and Mary E. Clemetson, of Frontier, Port Maria, St. Mary, Jamaica.
Casualty Type:Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference:I. D. 4.
Cemetery:UNICORN CEMETERY, VEND'HUILE

Name:CLEMETSON
Initials:A
Nationality:United Kingdom
Rank:Private
Regiment/Service:British West Indies Regiment
Unit Text:3rd Bn.