CARMARTHENSHIRE-FHS-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE-FHS > 2006-09 > 1157875459

From: THOMAS MALYN <>
Subject: Re: [CMN-FHS] Sian or Tom Malyn re Abergwilli
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:04:19 +0100 (BST)

Hello Mabel

Whilst there are several in the Abergwili census return, this one may be yours. The ages are a bit out, but 1841 had the round down rule. Also the wife's name is listed as Margaret. Since Mary was your's, that might be my fault, as the program I used to create the spreadsheet was very intuitive, completing an entry when the first letter or number is typed. And I may not have corrected the error.

If these are not yours, I'll be happy to try again and look at the outlying villages. Veney/ Viney/ Teney is in the village of Abergwili.

Veney
Village
John
Lewis
35
Fisherman
Yes

Veney
Village
Margaret
Lewis
45

Yes

Veney
Village
David
Lewis
13

Yes

Veney
Village
William
Lewis
10

Yes

Veney
Village
Anne
Lewis
7

Yes

Veney
Village
Margaret
Lewis
3

Yes (Born in County)

Regards

Tom

Mabel Goehring <> wrote:
Hello,
In recording the record from Abergwilli, I have family from Abergwilli.

Did you find a John Lewis born about 1796 married Mary Thomas born about
1809 (both born in Abergwilli, their son William Lewis born 13 Feb 1832,
William came to USA in about 1885 he came to Kansas.

Sarah Thomas born about 1810, married John Griffiths from Llanarthney on 7
Aug 1835, she died about 1 Nov. 1881. John Griffiths died 1866. Their son
John born 15 August 1843 in Llanarthney, he came USA in 1865 and Kansas in
1870.

Mabel Lewis-Goehring from Kansas USA