CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 1999-11 > 0941931474

From: Leslie Parsons <>
Subject: [Fwd: Evacuated to Llandelio]
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 15:37:54 -0800

Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 15:18:00 -0800
From: Leslie Parsons <>
Subject: Evacuated to Llandelio

I was evacuated from Swansea to a farm near Broad Oak during WW 2 and
spent about three years living there and going to a two roomed school in
Llangathen which I recall was near the church there.

My recollections are vague and only remember parts of my stay there. What
is a coincidence is that during my family research of the Parsons family
in Wales the trail leads me to the Francis family who came from
Llangathen.

They are Henry Francis who married a Ann Micheal in 1825, they had a son
David born in 1826 who married a Jane Evans abt 1850. They had a daughter
named Ann born in 1850 in Merthyr Tydfil who married a Davies. She must
have lost her husband as she married my GreatGrandfather John Parsons and
brought three Davies children into the family. The marriage then produced
my Grandfather David Hill Parsons.

If anyone has any information on the Francis, Micheal, Evans family and
is related in anyway I would love to hear from them, also I would love to
find out more about the Broad Oak, Llangathen area as I hope to make a
visit to there next Spring.

Also if there is anyone who was evacuated to the Broad Oak area during
1942 to 1945 I would like to hear from them also.

Les Parsons Veron B.C. Canada

This thread: