CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 1999-11 > 0942956693

From: N & C Collison <>
Subject: Mary THOMAS
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 99 07:24:53 +1100

Hello, Pauline,

Thank you for your reply re Mary Thomas in 1841 or 1851 Census. I am
sorry, but the only information I have is that she died 4 April, 1916,
aged 85 years and was buried in Bethel Chapel Burial Ground, Burry Port
parish of Pembrey. I have not been able find her marriage to David
DAVIES, as I have no idea of the parish from where either of them came.I
have searched St. Catherine's Index but there are so many Mary THOMASs
and David DAVIES that it was like looking for the proverbial needle in
the haystack. Have not found birth/baptism either, as I do not know the
name of her parents. Tradition has it that the THOMASs may have come
from the Cwmffryd area, hence my asking if anyone could find her in
either Census.

Many thanks, Pauline, for you reply.

Kind regards,

Cynthia Collison (CFHS Member)