CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 1999-11 > 0943294271

From: <>
Subject: Request
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:11:11 EST

Below is e-mail from Celeste who is not a subscriber yet, can anyone help?
Richard James
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am doing a search for my mother. She is Welsh and comes from Carmarthen,
Dyfed Wales. She is approximately 70 years old and her name on my birth
certificate was Karine Edwina Thomas aka Jenkins. Her maiden name Jenkins and
her nickname was Wendy. My father is Australian but chooses not to recontact
her after she left us. She lived in Australia in the late 1950s and had me in
1961 then up to 1970s stayed in Australia and then travelled in the 1980s
according to reports from a relative of her familys from Surrey England.Her
father played golf at the local Golf Links.

She sold her house in Carmarthen in 1985 and returned to Australia.

The present owners of her house have tried to get some information on her
whereabouts for me via speaking to locals in the town but none has any
information.

In Australia, the Salvation Army Family Reunion program has done a search for
approximately 4 years but has not been able to get any information.

Presently an organisation called Familink Family Indentification Services is
conducting a search on my behalf.

Do you think your organisation may be able to do a tracing of my family in
Wales and perhaps find Karine/ Wendy?

If I had a few relatives from Wales to contact it would increase my chances
of finding her. I do not know of any relatives from her side of the family.

Let me know what you think. Any help in this important matter would be a
great assistance to me.

Regards, Celeste Lopez

My email address is:

This thread: