CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 1999-11 > 0943395763

From: Pat Powell <>
Subject: Re: 1851 CENSUS
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:22:43 +0000

Hi Pauline & all
Following Arts e-mail I had a look at www.familytreemaker.com
and found 1851 census CD at $49.99!!

It looks as if they have givenit a "familytreemaker" interface
presumably so that you have to have the software in order to make use of
the CD.
I'm not sure that I like the interface. Have a look and tell me what you
think.

If they can sell the 1851 census info then why can't we buy it in normal
form from the UK I wonder?
I think I will send an e-mail to the GRO address that I used to purchase
some 1891 census.

The only thing is at $49.99 it's much cheaper than the price per fiche
that we would have to pay tothe GRO!!!

Bye for now

Pat

In message <>