CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2000-03 > 0954286485

From: "Carmsman" <>
Subject: Re: Llangynog
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:34:45 +0100

Helo Richard,
Thanks for your prompt reply, must admit I couldn't understand the Ebenezer
thing.
It seems Llangynog has moved over the years at least as far a cartographers
are concerned!
There obviously should now be a Llangynog Uchaf [Nantego] and a Llangynog
Isaf [what used to be Ebenezer], but Ebenezer has become Llangynog. That to
me seems to be basically it.
I have never been to Llandawke and to be quite honest with you have never
heard of it, however no doubt genealogical pursuits will take me there some
day!
What I found odd is that until about 3 weeks ago I had never heard of
Llangynog and I have connections from there to Lacharn. Must admit it seemed
to me that Lacharn was quite a distance from Llangynog given the intrusion
of Afon Taf: presumably this is fordable in the lower reaches or|and there
were ferries.
I understand that Maen Llwyd can mean Greystone just seems peculiar that it
warrants the ids that the OS gives them in its maps. Maybe has a different
translatable meaning in English.
The Catalan recipe for baby lamb chops does not include mint sauce:-)
Diolch
Rhodri