CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2002-03 > 1015666672

From: "Pauline James" <>
Subject: Re: [Cmn-L] David John, Llandeilo Abercowin
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:37:52 -0000

Hi Oliver

This marriage is outside my index of pre 1837 - do you want me to look at
the original in the CRO because it will give fathers names and occupations??
let me know...

This is the only Esther that I could find with a husband David.....the first
child seems to have been born before their wedding date then a big gap to
the next child, perhaps this is David's second marriage.....the original
register will have to be viewed....

1851 census Llanboidy enu 1b sch 50 page 11
Bankfelinganol
David John head marr 41 shopkeeper born Eglwsyfair
Esther John wife marr 38 born Llanwinio
Mary dau 16 born Llanboidy
Anne dau 4 born Llanboidy
Margaret dau 1 born Llanboidy

These did not baptise their children in the parish church of Llanfingel
Abercowin although the marriage took place here.....there are baptisms in
Llanboidy for children to a David and Esther John and a David and
Esther/Hesther Jones in the 1850's but not any of the above mentioned.....

does any of the above information fit, if so let me know - from a very windy
Llanelli

Pauline