Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043361969

From: "Janie Watkins" <>
Subject: RE: [Cmn-L] Llanelly
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:48:42 -0000

Hi Darla
I have great sympathy with your ancestor being a puddler - most of the
poor sods went blind from the glare... If you haven't read Rape of the
Fair Country by Alexander Cordell - do so - it will bring that era and
area to life... There are also some fascinating website about the area
including the wales tv site and a google search throws up enough reading
matter to keep one intereted for ages.
It also gives some interesting pointers to researchers in that thee was
a huge influx of Irish to work in the iron works etc and for some reason
that I haven't fathomed there seemed to be a lot of links with

Janie Watkins