CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043403198

From: "Paw-Print Janie Watkins" <>
Subject: RE: [Cmn-L] Llanelly
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:15:28 -0000

I'm not very up on the Newport Riots but it was to do with the Chartists I
think the riots were in 1841 or thereabouts when the boys from all over the
valleys and the iron works and mines marched on Newport to try and take the
town with the aim of then marching on to Monmouth to get their leader out of
gaol... most of them ended up dead or clapped in irons and taken to
Monmouth.

Janie Watkins
Paw-Print Snooker Consultancy
<mailto:>