CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2003-06 > 1054714805

From: "Pauline James" <>
Subject: Re: [Cmn-L] Bowen Pontyberem
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:20:24 +0100

HI Graham

I cannot find a burial for Thomas Bowen c1851, I have some burials of the
area which cover these years, I do not have burials for the time span of
Rachel.

I located a marriage, but I suppose you have this information...

Llanddarog parish church
1831 28th June
Thomas Bowen parish Llanon and Rachael Lodwick Llanddarog

In the 1851 census the address I have for a Thomas and Rachel Bowen is

HO107/2469 hamlet Llannon parish 11-2G Llanon
25/8 Ty Rhod
Thomas Lewis head marr 48 collier born Llanelly
Rachel Lewis wife marr 47 born Llanarthney
Anne 18 born Llanddarog
David 14 Llanddarog
John 12 Llanddarog
Johanna 10 Llanddarog
Emah 8 Llanddarog
Mary 2 born Llangendeirne

The children were not baptised in either LLanddarog, Llangendeirne or
Llanarthney parish church....

Were this family non-conformists?

Pauline