CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2003-06 > 1055347187

Subject: Re: [Cmn-L] Hello and interests
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:59:52 +0100

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Christopher

Yup, managed a look at the map today and there it was. Sounds right, as the THOMAS half of the Rhandyrmwyn pairing comes from Beulah and the BOWEN half came from Llanwrtyd. I'm not going to ask how you knew it was a breed of sheep as well! ;)

It's so close to the CMN border, I wonder would registrations, census and the like come under somewhere in Brecknockshire [does that look wierd or what] or somewhere in CMN like Llandovery . . . that's not too far away either.

Don't know if there's a link to your SPROSTONs, but if I see the name I'll let you know - it's unusual enough to stand out. I don't intend to get too involved with the BOWENs . . . they're really just a means to help me get back on track with my grandfather. Why oh Why did so many people call there kids Thomas THOMAS? There's not one Gerald THOMAS in the 1901 census . . . that would have been a good choice . . . nice and easy to find :)

Happy trails . . .

Merv Thomas