CARMARTHENSHIRE-L ArchivesArchiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2004-01 > 1073486685
From: "Faith Witham" <>
Subject: Re: [Cmn-L] Re: Rees family
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:47:54 -0500
References: <010101c3d438$91f70d10$3f00a8c0@cmnfhs2> <033501c3d523$8503db60$4b36b5c8@cdrsoftware>
Hi. I think I had sent you some info regarding my REES(E) family that came
from Llanelli or Pontyberem and Merthyr Tydfil.
James REES was born 1814 Pontyberem or 1817 Llanelli, Carmarthenshire,
Wales, and died May 11, 1869 in Mountain Ash, Glamorgan, Wales. He married
Margaret REES about 1840. She was born 1823 in Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan,
Wales, and died September 04, 1882 in Plymouth, Luzerne, Pennsylvania.
Per the 1851 census report James and Margaret lived in Cefnpennar Lower (no
street name in census) in Glamorgan, Wales. James birth year listed as 1817
born in Llanelli but in the 1861 census his birth year was 1814 and born in
James and Margaret had 13 children all born in Glamorgan:
1. MARY ANNE REES, b. 1842, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales; d. Unknown
2. MARGARET REES, b. 1844, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales; d. Unknown
3. SARAH REES, b. 1846, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales; d. 1927 USA.
4. THOMAS REESE, b. 1848, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales; d. 1912 USA;
m. AGNES ????; b. Abt. 1846, Wales; d. Unknown USA.
5. JOHN REES, b. 1850, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales; d. October 05,
1868, Lower Dyffryn Colliery, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales.
6. JAMES LLEWELLYN REESE, b. 1852, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales; d. 1932
7. DAVID REES, b. 1855, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales; d. September 28,
1868, Glamorgan, Wales from hip disease, abscess joint.
8. DANIEL T REESE, b. 1856, Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales; d. Unknown USA;
m. RACHEL ????; b. 1851, Wales; d. Unknown USA.
9. HANNAH REES, b. 1859, Llanwonno (Glyncynon), Glamorgan, Wales; d.
10. ALFRED J REESE, was born 1861 in Wales, and died 1912 in Lansford,
Carbon, Pennsylvania. He married LOUISA EVANS September 16, 1886 in
Lansford, Pennsylvania by John Edwards, Minister of the Gospel. She was born
1862 in Wales, and died August 27, 1911 in Lansford, Carbon, Pennsylvania.
11. HELEN REES, b. April 05, 1862, Wales; d. February 04, 1932 USA; m.
(1) E.R. WILLIAMS; b. 1857, Wales; d. Unknown; m. (2) CHARLES HUMPHREYS; b.
1856; d. Unknown USA.
12. ELIZABETH REESE, b. March 21, 1865, Wales; d. May 10, 1957 USA; m.
(1) ALFRED JONES; b. 1861; d. Unknown; m. (2) ALFRED VANVORHEES; b. 1861,
Wales; d. Unknown USA.
13. ELLEN "NELL" REES, b. March 24, 1866, Pontypridd, Glamorgan, Wales;
d. October 07, 1941, Tucson, Pima, Arizona married WILLIAM FRANKLIN ZENT
January 16, 1884 in Phoenix, Maricopa, Arizona, son of LEONARD ZENT and
SERENA TRUAX. He was born June 22, 1852 in Mt. Gilead, Morrow, Ohio, and
died February 04, 1918 in Kelvin, Pinal, Arizona.
For more information please see my website: http://www.thewithams.us
I am looking for any information regarding James REES born in Llanelli or
Pontyberem. Sorry I don't have any other information about him, his parents
or siblings at this time.
Bradenton, FL USA
----- Original Message -----
From: "dilys karen rees" <>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 8:38 AM
Subject: [Cmn-L] Re: Rees family
> I think I might have deleted an answer I got about my Rees family. I get a
> lot of spam and unwittingly i have been known to delete emails I want
> with the others. I have the email from Will, but I thought there was
> one as well.So if someone did email me, please send it again.
> Thanks a lot,
> Dilys Rees - brazil
> ==== CARMARTHENSHIRE Mailing List ====
> Carmarthenshire Place Names Database - Looking for a farm etc you cannot
find - Contact - - Let him know the name of the
Farm House etc etc - He will search the Database
|Re: [Cmn-L] Re: Rees family by "Faith Witham" <>|