CARMARTHENSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CARMARTHENSHIRE > 2006-01 > 1136140042

From: "Dave Howells" <>
Subject: Howell-Evan
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:27:22 -0000

Hello Pat
Firstly I apologise, I have found the certificate for the
marriage of John Howell to Rachel Evan.
Two lessons learnt, firstly keep better records and secondly, don't take a
two year break from FHS!!
Sorry again for any work and time you have given to this but I promise to be
better organised from here on in.
7th December 1837
John Howell aged 24 Labourer residence at time of marriage Penyback married
Rachel Evan aged 22 Servant residence at time of marriage Llanboidy.
John's father was a David Howell it reads on the certificate as sailor?
Rachel's father was John Evan (weaver).
So next wish to trace Evan family from Llanboidy and
Howell family, I do have John Howell born 13.11.1813 in Llangan, I am just
trying to find Penyback to see if this is near Llangan.
Sorry again for any inconvenience caused
David

This thread: