CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 1998-08 > 0902341663

From: Donna K Carpenter< >
Subject: James Thomas CARPENTER
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:27:43 -0700

Hello Stacey!
I am putting together a list of early Southern land transactions made by
CARPENTERS. I too am trying to find the father of a Thomas CARPENTER who
had a son named James Warren CARPENTER, Sr. b.1813. I know my James came
from Henry/Walton Co. GA to Clay Co.. ALA in 1848/9 (his wife left a
letter). I will gladly mail you a copy of the transactions when I get it
finished if you like.
Meanwhile, here is some ALA info I already have:
NameDateLand OfficeTown
FURNEY????THOMAS1834TUSCALOOSA23N
THOMAS1834TUSCALOOSA23N
JAMES 1841ST STEPHENS7S
"1841 8S5-PNW
"18437S31-P3
"18438S 6-P3
"18458S5-P2
THOMAS M1849LEBANON
18SWARREN(james)1851LEBANON19S
SECT 27 40.1 ACRES
RUEBEN L 1852LEBANON19S
SECT 34
WARREN(james)1859CENTRE19S SECT 27 40.1
ACRES
JOHN B1858GREENVILLE18N
JOHN W1860ST STEPHENS7N

Here is some info that will be more detailed later:

1820s MISS Land Transactions
Wm., Temple, Solomon, Sarah, Martin, John
1820s ALA Land Transactions
Dennis, Phillip
1830s MISS Land Transactions
Samuel, Owen, John, James, Horace, Green, Dennis, Elias
1830s ALA Land Transactions
Daniel, Dennis, John B. , Thomas
1840s ALA Land Transactions
Fry, Samuel, Thomas M. James

Do you know which port/ship your James Thomas arrived on from Ireland?
Donna
http://members.aol.com/DCPHX16107/index.html
CARPENTER AVERY CRUISE BRAMLETT COOPER

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

This thread: