CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 1998-12 > 0913746556

From: <>
Subject: Israel S. Carpenter b. Chautaqgua Co.NY d. OR 1903
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:29:16 EST

I just found this in a list of graves which I believe to be unpublished.

Israel S. Carpenter b. 17 March 1863 d. 16 December 1903, "Native of
Chautaugua, NY"

I was checking this list because some of my Oregon ancestors who are
descended from Moses Carpenter d. 1829 Onondaga Co., NY were in Chautaqua Co.
NY prior to migrating to Oregon. Also John Carpenter, reported brother of
Moses in AB Carpenter book reported to have d. in Jamestown, Chautaqua Co.,
NY.

I have no further information on Israel S. Carpenter. He is not listed in the
AB Carpenter book; however a few are, but all born prior to 1815 and none
listed as descendants of John Carpenter, reported fa. of Moses and John,
above.

Phoebe

This thread: