CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 1998-12 > 0913889010

From: Barb <>
Subject: Re: CARPENTER-Carpenters in Ohio, WI, NE
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:03:30 +0100

Hello, list,

I am revising a previous post on Leander J. Carpenter and his family,
as I have found out more.

Leander's parents were Royal Carpenter b. 16 Nov 1800 and Temperance
Ayres, b. 30 June 1810 in Sussex Co., NJ. They were married in 1832
(don't know where) and lived first in Ohio and then to Wisconsin, buying
40 acres near Darlington, Lafayette Co. Leander married Permelia Howe
in 1856, had three children and moved to Nebraska in 1866, where at
least one and perhaps two more children were born.

I have some dates, including birth and death dates and birthplaces for
most of Leander's siblings.

I do not know where the Royal's family lived in Ohio, where he was born,
and where and when he married Temperance. I would be delighted to
hear from anyone who anyone researching this line. (There are other
Royal Carpenters but so far I have not found anything on-line about
mine.

Barbara Archer

This thread: