CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 1998-12 > 0914522108

From: "Bob Carpenter" <>
Subject: A Message to Santa Claus
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:55:08 -0800

Dear Santa

I only have one wish, that is to find the parents of my Great-Grandfather
John T. Carpenter. He died in Chattooga Co., Georgia on 14 october 1895.
He and his wife Frances Elizabeth Richardson had six children: John Jeff,
b:1857; Mary S., b: June 1864; George W., b: June 1867; Joseph C., b: June
1873; James R., b: 12 May 1874; and Noah Z. b: 12 May 1877. John and
Frances were living in Greene Co., Arkansas in 1860 when the census was
taken. In 1870 they were in Walker Co. Georgia, and in 1880 they were in
Chattooga Co., Georgia. Frances did in 1887 in Chattooga Co., Georgia.
Every census report that has John T. Carpenter's name in it reflects that he
was born in North Carolina, even though the age's differ slightly from
census to census, he would have been born about 1823. My grandfather Noah
would talk at times about going back to the place his father was from...he
would always mention, Murphy, N.C.

Santa I have been a very good person this year and would be very much
delighted if you could through someone on this list find my GGGF and GGGM
Carpenter who must have been born in either North Carolina or Virginia,
probably around 1790-1800.

I will leave some warm milk and cookies for you by the fire. There also is
some grain for the reindeer.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Bob Carpenter

This thread: