CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 1999-11 > 0941942245

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Re: seeking parents of Susan H. Carpenter - Maine
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 18:37:25 -0800

Dear Patty,

Your Susan Hodsdon CARPENTER born July 19, 1829 Saco, ME may have been
the daughter of Isaac Carpenter and a Miss Hodgen as noted on page 811
(Number 8762) of the Carpenter Memorial by Amos B. Carpenter (1898).
Variants of Hodsgen are Hodsdon.

+---¦Elias CARPENTER-14618
Isaac CARPENTER-14629 ¦ ¦Abt 1790
Abt 1810 -----------¦ ¦Waterboro,,ME
,,ME ¦
--SPOUSE-- MRIN:5207
HODGEN-14632
Abt 1810
no children listed.

Luce may be a first name misspelled. But it was definitely the last name
of Matthew Hale Carpenter's mother.

Matthew Hale Carpenter (below) and Isaac Carpenter (above) are 6th
cousins related to captain William Carpenter of Rehoboth.

Ira CARPENTER-12445
Moretown,Chittenden,VT
--SPOUSE-- MRIN:4371
Esther Ann LUCE-12461
Abt 1798
--CHILDREN--
1Matthew Hale CARPENTER-12462
2-Anna Amelia CARPENTER-12463
3-Esther Johnson CARPENTER-12464
4Cephas Warner CARPENTER Col.-12465

More than happy to share information.

John R. Carpenter
La Mesa, CA

Patty Holt wrote:

> Hope someone has this info -
>
> Susan Hodsdon CARPENTER born July 19, 1829 Saco, ME
> died Sept. 30, 1913
> Byram Shore, Port Chester, NY at home of son Edgar Lewis Marston
> married: Rev Sylvester MARSTON July 19, 1847 of Newfield ME in
> the Saco Baptist church by Rev. A Colburn (source:NE Historical and Gen.
> Recorder Oct 1836)
>
> I believe she was daughter of Issac Carpenter and his wife _____Luce
> Carpenter of
> Vermont. She was related to MATTHEW HALE CARPENTER who became quite
> famous in his law practice and moved to Wisconsin.
> I have been unable to discover how they are related or any info on
> the LUCE line, though there is quite alot on MHC's life.
> I have newspaper obit for Susan C. Marston and a lineage for
> Sylvester MARSTON. seeking info on their 6 children:
> 1849 - Nellie
> ?? - Ella
> 1854 -Fannie
> 1860 - Edgar Lewis, my grt grandfather