CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 2000-05 > 0959799830

From: John Carpenter <>
Subject: Fingerprints
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:03:50 -0700

Dear Folks,

I roll fingerprints as part of my occupation and have had the
Administration of Justice Class in the history and function of
fingerprints.

To play it safe I checked with industry experts to offer their
comments. See two of the messages below.

Reading between the lines of Mongolian Fingerprints verses Native
American Fingerprints as an indicator of ethnics was interesting.

Professor Bruce E. Carpenter can be entertaining ... IF TRUE, You could
use this to show that the Bering Land Bridge was indeed a migration
route of Native Americans from the area of Mongolia. Interesting theory
on the use of fingerprints, but as scientific as measuring head and eye
size to determine criminality. Broad and general but not very
specific. But I am sure the Professor had his tongue in cheek on this
one!

HOWEVER, For your information ... It appears that the "Bulls Eye" or
"whorl" fingerprint exists on about 30% of all Europeans. The incident
of these types of prints are higher in Africa and Mongolia than America.

While it is FUN to compare toes, finger prints, bushy eye brows and
physical statures. Let us take it all with a grain of salt.

One does not need to have "loop" fingerprints, bushy eye brows and to be
five foot ten inches high with brown hair to be a Carpenter.

There is enough diversity just to have an "attitude" that goes with the
name CARPENTER! :)

Sincerely,

John R. Carpenter
La Mesa, CA

PS the "webbed toe" is common in Europe per my doctor. My mother's side
of the family (German and Austrian) has it.