CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 2002-03 > 1015804980

From: Tim Stowell <>
Subject: Re: [CARPENTER] OT: MS Fake Security Bulletin
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:05:04 -0500

At 11:46 AM 3/10/02 -0800, Jerry Carpenter wrote:
>I posted this earlier but don't see it so again....
>If you see an MS Security Bulletin with an attachment Q216309 it is a fake
>Further, Norton Anti Virus is not catching this virus and I have advised
>Symantec of this.
>The wording on the e-mail is exactly like Microsoft produces and the
>attachment is
>file named to look like a download.
>Delete the mail

More info:

If you get an email from '"Microsoft Corporation Security Center"' - with
an attachment,
delete it - for it contains a very bad virus.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ type="text/javascript">DisplayMail('mm.html','w32.gibe');

Microsoft updates always pester you while you're trying to browse the
Internet... they never come via email.

Tim

This thread: