CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 2008-04 > 1208328993

From: "Pamela Berger" <>
Subject: Re: [CARPENTER] Y-DNA Testing
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:56:33 -0500

Lance,
I noticed the name Merle, which is fairly uncommon, in your post and
wondered if your cousin might be named for some other Merle I might want to
know about. My grandfather and uncle were Merle M. and Merle O. CARPENTER of
Wisconsin. I don't know if Grandpa was named for anyone, and I don't know
of any Alaska connection. Merle M.'s father (Horace B.), grandfather
(Isaac), and uncle, (William), came from NY via Ohio ca 1850s. My late
uncle is in the CARPENTER cousins DNA project with a 37-marker test (I am so
glad he was willing to participate!). He was evidently descended from the
Rehoboth branch, but we have not found anyone else in the project who
connects on paper yet, or any real proof elsewhere of possible further
ancestry (Ezra?) prior to Horace CARPENTER m3. in Whitehall, NY 1830s, b. NH
or Canada 1790s. Anything familiar? --Pam Berger, Milwaukee, WI.