CARPENTER-L Archives

Archiver > CARPENTER > 2013-02 > 1361154013

From: "vtoole" <>
Subject: Re: [CARPENTER] Carpenter Reunion-When and Where???
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:20:13 -0600

To: Donna Cuzze and other Carpenter Researchers,
Could someone repost when, where and other particulars on Carpenter
Reunion. I deleted it and could not find it on the Carpenter message board
at rootsweb.com earlier tonight. So apparently it was only posted to the
e-mail list and not the message board. Was this one in Texas???
Donna and I have corresponded in the past about Reuben Carpenter. I first
researched him and the Butlers in person in The Edgefield County, South
Carolina, Probate office back in the late 1960's when I first took up
serious genealogy research. Then we could actually handle the original
loose papers filed in the metal boxes on the walls.. My Carpenter line was
Adam Carpenter who migrated to Edgefield District, South Carolina, c. 1803
from Cumberland Moore County, North Carolina. I have often wondered if or
what the connection might have been between this Reuben Carpenter and my
Adam Carpenter. This was well before the Internet. We were doing good to
get poor photo copies, etc. then. That was new technology!!!
Vivian Cates, Alto, Texas 1-936-858-3801