CARRICO-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > CARRICO-DNA > 2007-11 > 1196425765

From: "Linda Boorom" <>
Subject: Re: [CARRICO-DNA] New Member #107978,desc/o Cornelius CARRICO of Washington Co KY
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:29:25 -0500

Diana,

I think, to avoid confusion between the 2 Cornelius Carrico's, you should perhaps indicate that this
Cornelius was "of Graves Co." not Washington (even though he married there). He's said to have been
in Graves Co. by 1837, the 1840 census does have him in Graves as well as the 1850.

>From "A History of St. Jerome Fancy Farm, Kentucky Sesquicentennial 1986" Bro. Leo Willet, S. M.
Editor and Compiler
pg 155-156

Carrico Family
(1) Cornelius Carrico s/o Henry & Susanna Carrico of Maryland m. Teresa O'Bryan in Washington Co.,
on May 24, 1823. They came to the Fancy Farm area about 1837. They had seven children: Florida Ann
m. John William "Jack" s/o John & Matidila (Summers) Willett, and a brother of Samuel; Mary Ann m.
Phillip s/o Thomas & Polly (Willett) Hayden; Henry Jefferson m. Susan Mary d/o Samuel & Elizabeth
(Hobbs) Willett: Mary Melvina m. John William s/o Samuel & Elizabeth (Hobbs) Willett; Julia Ann m.
George Robert s/o Thomas F. & Sarah (Toon) Hobbs Curtsinger; Ignatius Francis m. Matilda Josephine
d/o Samuel & Elizabeth (Hobbs) Willett; and Benedict.

pg 157
(Editor's Note: In a letter from William C. Morton, dated Apr 12, 1985, he wrote: "...by organizing
and commenting on the known facts I believe that I have presented predominant and ample evidence
that Mary Harriett (m. Stanislaus Toon in 1828), Stanislaus, John I. (m. Ann Montgomery in 1817),
Cornelius m. (Teresa O'Bryan in 1823), Henry m. Lucy Reed in 1831), and Perdelia (m. William Toon in
1829) were brothers and sisters to one another." The parents of these six children were Henry &
Susanna Carrico of Charles County, MD.)
by William C. Morton
San Francisco, CA

I'm not sure what "evidence" Mr. Morton found, but a study of the published baptismal records at St.
Rose in Washington Co. & Sacred Heart in Union Co. (baptisms for St. Jeromes in Graves Co. were
recorded in this church until St. Jerome's had it's own pastor) suggests they were siblings. Note
too, Harriet Carrico Toon was a widow by 1850 & living with John S. Carrico in Washington Co. I'm
not 100% certain, but I think John & Stanislaus are the same person.

Stanislaus was bapt. in Charles Co., MD in 1794 s/o Henry & Susana Carrico.

The info. does seem to suggest that Cornelius' father was also Henry. As to Henry's father being
Bartholmew, there's nothing, other than Homer Edwin Carrico's article that even remotely suggests
this, as far as I have found. I think anyone that Homer didn't know where they fit became sons of
Bartholomew or Basil Carrico.

I'm glad to see another branch which we're uncertain of the connection to Peter join the study :-)
Linda