CASANDIE-L Archives

Archiver > CASANDIE > 2007-05 > 1178923661

From: "Paula Hinkel" <>
Subject: [CASANDIE] Write Your Names on Our Virtual Surname Wall
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:47:41 -0700

You are invited to add your family surnames to the Southern California
Genealogical Society's Virtual Surname Wall. This feature will be unveiled
at the 38th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, June 8-10 in
Burbank, CA.

There is no charge for this service, and the offer is open to the public. We
encourage you to forward this invitation to your cousins, genealogy-related
email lists, society members, your genealogy acquaintences, or other family
historians. Entries submitted by May 22 will be included in the 2007 Virtual
Surname Wall at Jamboree; later submissions will be included in the a
free-access online database.

Although this project is being sponsored by the Southern California
Genealogical Society, we welcome family information from any geographic
area, not just California. You may submit up to 10 surnames. We plan to
allow for more surnames to be added and will let you know when we are able
to accept more names.

Participants will be asked for the following information. You may wish to
have your family group sheets, pedigree charts, or genealogy database
available for reference.

1. Your family surnames (including spelling variations).
2. The geographic area in which they lived, or the migration path.
3. The associated period of time.

Your participation in the Virtual Surname Wall project is completely
voluntary. Surname Wall information will be maintained by SCGS and may be
included in printed or a searchable free online database that would be
accessible on the SCGS website at www.scgsgenealogy.com. Your participation
in the project is your authorization to include your surname information in
any printed or searchable online databases that may be developed.

Of course, we have instituted steps to protect your privacy. Your contact
information will not be displayed, either in print or online. You will have
the option of asking SCGS to serve as intermediary, or authorizing SCGS to
release your contact information should we receive an inquiry regarding a
possible family connection.

If you have questions at any time about the Virtual Surname Wall, please
contact us at . If you are attending Jamboree, be
sure to stop by the Tech Zone to check out this new resource.

For information on Southern California's Genealogy Jamboree, visit our
website at www.scgsgenealogy.com

To add your names to our Virtual Surname Wall, click on the link below, or
copy and paste the following URL into your browser:

http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurvey?id=343277

Thank you very much for your time and support!

Paula Hinkel
President, Southern California Genealogical Society
and Family Research Library
417 Irving Drive
Burbank, California 91504-2408
phone:818-843-7247
email:
web:www.scgsgenealogy.com

The Library is open to the public for research on:
10:00am - 4:00pmWednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
10:00am - 9:00pmTuesdays
10:00am - 4:00pmon third and fourth Saturdays
10:00am - 4:00pmon first and second Sundays
ClosedMondays

This thread: