CASANDIE-L Archives

Archiver > CASANDIE > 2009-06 > 1244071948

From: "Paula Hinkel" <>
Subject: [CASANDIE] Jamboree Update - Southern California GenealogicalSociety
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:32:28 -0700

It's hard to believe that it's already June 3 and that Jamboree is
just about three weeks away. There are so many Jamboree updates
that I'm going to break this month's update into two emails -
Jamboree and everything else that is going on at SCGS.

You can find links to all Jamboree mentions at our blog at
www.genealogyjamboree.blogspot.com . If you have not yet signed up
to get email updates for Jamboree activities, please, please do so.
It's the very best way to stay updated on all of the last-minute
details, such as parking, schedule changes, special announcements,
etc.

Friday-Sunday, June 26-28, 2009
Southern California Genealogy Jamboree
Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505

JAMBOREE DEADLINE ALERT
Friday, June 5 - Last day for discounted Marriott Hotel reservations
Monday, June 15 - Last day for preregistration for Jamboree Monday,
June 15 - Last day to sign up for banquets or breakfasts Register
for Jamboree at www.scgsgenealogy.com

JAMBOREE CONFIRMATIONS AND SURVEY
We are experiencing some trouble getting through spam folders. If
you have registered for any event at Jamboree, please check your
spam folders to see if you are getting your Jamboree updates. If
you have not already done so, please put us on your approved email
list.
You should receive your registration confirmation by Sunday, June 6.
- Look for email subject "2009 SCGS Jamboree Confirmation"
- Sent by Louise Calaway at
Your survey invitation was sent earlier this week
- Look for email subject "Genealogy Jamboree Important Update -
Please Read"
- Sent by Paula Hinkel at or

JAMBOREE SESSIONS AVAILABLE ON CD
We are so glad that many of this year's sessions are going to be
audio recorded and available on CD. You can purchase the CDs at
Jamboree or later through the website of JAMB Tapes. We will have a
link on the SCGS website after Jamboree

WELCOME TO NEW EXHIBITORS
Joining Jamboree for the first time will be Footnote.com,
Arcalife.com, Scandigital.com, and Save Their Story, LA as Subject,
and Uncle Ronnie's Pens. For an updated floor plan, click on the
"exhibitor" button on the Jamboree section of the SCGS website.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR JAMBOREE
Calling all SCGS members - new members and long-time SCGS members
and even potential members - to help out at Jamboree! Jamboree is
more fun when you set aside a couple of hours to help. It's a great
way to get to know your fellow members and jump in both feet into
activities with your Society.

The more volunteers we have to share the work, the less time that
any one volunteer needs to be on duty. We want everyone to have a
good time, see the lectures they want, and have an opportunity to
contribute to the success of Jamboree.

The room monitor job is just the thing for volunteers who don't want
to commit to several hours of work. Pick the sessions you want to
attend. Sign up to be the room monitor for 2 or 3 or more of those
sessions. You'll be asked to hand out evaluation forms, collect them
after the session, straighten up chairs, ask people to move to the
front of the room, help people find empty seats. During the lecture,
you can sit back and enjoy the presentation.

To volunteer for any of these jobs, please send an email to
with a subject line of Jamboree Volunteer.
Please include your name and phone number so that we can get in
touch with you.

We need volunteers for:

Saturday June 20 at the SCGS Library
417 Irving Drive, Burbank
10:00 a.m. until we're done
Bagging and Stuffing Party
Pizza is on the Jamboree Committee
Thursday June 25 at the SCGS Library
Packing help at the Library at 12:00 noon Friday June 26 at the
Marriott
Unpacking and setup help at the Hotel starting 6:00 a.m. to noon
Registration - 9:00 a.m. for setup, 12:00 registration opens
Door attendants - 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
reSearCh GenieS - SCGS Research Assistance
SCGS Sales booth setup and staffing
Room Monitors
Introduce speakers - the introductions will be prepared in
advance Saturday June 27 at the Marriott
Registration - 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Door attendants - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
reSearCh GenieS - SCGS Research Assistance
SCGS Sales booth staff
Room Monitors
Speaker introductions
Sunday June 28 at the Marriott
Registration - 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon p.m.
Door attendants - 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
reSearCh GenieS - SCGS Research Assistance
SCGS Sales booth staff
Room Monitors
Speaker introductions
Packing and Load-out at the Convention Center Monday
Unpacking help at the Library

We have a few more announcements that will be coming your way in a
few days. Keep watching your email!

Paula

This thread: