CASANFRA-L Archives

Archiver > CASANFRA > 1999-10 > 0941221374

From: Bill Roddy <>
Subject: [CASANFRA] Re: Electric Funeral Car?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:22:54 -0700

In the era 1920-1930s the Market Street Railway Company had a funeral
car. If I recall the car had space for the casket and the mourners rode
with it. This was the same line that ran from 5th and Mission, but I
don't remember where the casket had to be delivered.
The line ran from San Francisco to Colma and was able to stop at all
cemeteries.
Bill

--
The San Francisco we never knew.