CASANFRA-L Archives

Archiver > CASANFRA > 2006-12 > 1166024472

From: Mary Thiele Fobian <>
Subject: [CASANFRA] CORNELIUS CRONIN in 1930 & 1920
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:41:12 -0800 (PST)

Judy,

Cornelius & Frances are enumerated with children in the 1930 US Census:

1930 US Census, CA, SF County, SF, ED80, Sheet 12A
304 Chattanooga Street
CRONIN, Cornelius, head, rent $30, 35, married at age 23, born IRE, parents born IRE, immigrated 1915/Papers, Welder/Elec't Shop, wage-earner, not a veteran
Frances M., wife, 29, married at age 19, born NY, parents born IRE
Neal, son, 10, single, born CA
Peggy, daughter, 8, single, born CA

In 1920, Cornelius was enumerated as "Brother-in-Law" (single) in the household of Jeremiah and Bridget LYNCH in Twp 12, Contra Costa county.

I found a Cornelius (possible first name for son "Neal") CRONIN born Oct 1919 in SF county; his mother's maiden name was McKENNA. However, there were no other Cron?n-McK*na combinations in the CA Birth Index.

Judith McConville <> wrote:
Hello San Francisco County:

I just received a death certificate for CORNELIUS CRONIN. He died 11/29/1952 in San Francisco, CA. He was DOA at Mission ER. An autopsy and inquest was done. I am wondering if there is a newspaper article pertaining to this event and/or an obituary.

CORNELIUS CRONIN was also married at the time of his death to FRANCES CRONIN. I cannot seem to find anything for FRANCES past 1952.

CORNELIUS CRONIN was born in County of Cork, Ireland, 4/10/1895. I do not know when he came to the US. He apparently obtained citizenship according to his death certificate. I am wondering if CORNELIUS and FRANCES were married in the US and if there were any children from this marriage.

I have just begun my research of CORNELIUS & FRANCES CRONIN and would appreciate any information or direction one may have to offer. I do not live in CA nor do I have Ancestry.

Thank you in advance,
Judy

Mary Thiele Fobian
Genealogical & Historical Research