CASCLARA-L Archives

Archiver > CASCLARA > 2009-02 > 1234243277

From: "Andy Andrelczyk" <>
Subject: Re: [CASCLARA] Agnew Insane Asylum
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:21:17 -0700

Corky,
Thanks for the information.
Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "larry harmon" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:09 PM

The State Library in Sacramento had information about some of the inmates at
Stockton State Hospital. They may be able to help with Agnew. I did get the
committal records from another agency. I'll have to search out that
information. When I got the records there had been a long court procedure
where my grandfather had to swear she was ill and had a couple of doctors
sign it. They were living in Oakland at the time and I assume one of the
county courts MIGHT have those records. My grandmother was suffering from
depression (postpartum and uternine cancer.)
There's also a website for "Saving Graves" or I think that's the name. The
lady that helped me was Margie Campbell. I don't know if she has information
about Agnew, but I know she had information on Stockton. The State has also
sold the land in Stockton and they're building a college there. The remains
that are found are being put in Rural cemetery. They have two graves for
unknown persons there and I'm assuming that all the bodies that are dug up
will go in the same graves. It's sad. These people had no resources or
respect alive and none now that they're dead.
I tried contacting State representatives, but got nothing but form letters
back. No one is interested.
Corky