CASWELL-L Archives

Archiver > CASWELL > 2001-03 > 0985737567

From: "Roncon3" <>
Subject: Re: [CASWELL list] CASWELLs in Hardin County, KY
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:59:55 -0800

Well, my great grandfather, John J. Caswell, was the 5th brother in my clan
emigrating to Canada from Armagh, Ireland. He was born aboard ship in 1847
or 1848 in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. He did bring along his parents and his
2 sisters, too. After a while, 2 more sisters and 5 more brothers were born.

Connie

> My father, who is now 97, remembers hearing as a boy about 5 brothers who
> came over from Ireland. He thought one of them was Francis, his
> grandfather. When I found that Francis had been born in Kentucky he said,
> "Well I was pretty little when I heard that, so I really didn't understand
> who they were talking about." So has anyone ever heard of the 5 brothers
wh
> o came over from Ireland?
>
> Any information will be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Carrie Leech (Tennessee)

Thomas
> CASWELL who married Amelia WATKINS in 1808 in Hardin County and John
CASWELL