CATAWBA-WEST-L Archives

Archiver > CATAWBA-WEST > 1998-03 > 0888902273

From: Lorena Eaker< >
Subject: [NCLINCOL-L] Re: Conrad PITTS/md (1)TRAFFELSTRUT 1794, (2) CLINE 1805
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 00:17:53 -0500

Folks:
I think that this Barbara Traffelstradt (whatever spelling) is dau
of Peter and Mahala or Frederick and Christina and not of Christian and
Anna Barbara Eckert Traffenstadt. Peter's brother Christian was unable to
care for himself and d. before 1800. He was apparently a disabled child as
records show that brother William was to care for him. When Anna Barbara
made her will she wills to: sons William and Christian, sons and daus.
Frederick, Peter, and John; sons-in-law- Peter Deal, John Cline, Martin
Ekard, Christopher Columbus (whoever he is. I haven't figured this one out
yet) and Godfrey Bolick.
There is a Travelstatd reunion in Catawba Co. each year but I don't
have the details. Anyone out there know about it and can provide the details
for this lady? They have done a lot of work on the records.

Hope this helps.
Lorena

@1776, d.
>> bef 1810 (dau of Peter or Christian?)
>>
>> md (2) @1805 prob Lincoln Co., NC Barbara CLINE b. 1776 d. aft 1850 prob
>> Catawba Co., NC (dau of John CLINE Sr & Barbara TRAFFELSTRUT).
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Sharon
>>

>In "German Speaking People West of the Catawba 1750-1800" the author
>Lorena Shell Eaker shows Barbara Traffenstaat b 13 Jan 1758 (dau
>Christian and Maria Barbara Eckert Traffensdtadt) married ca 1780
>Lincoln County NC John Cline. She died 17 Jan 1824 in Lincoln County.
>They had one son,l Henry Cline. No mention of Conrad Pitts in this book.
>--
>Reply to
>
>Linda's Wisdom:
>Self-starters...won't. Interchangeable parts...don't.
>
>Researching Hahn/Hawn/Honn family:
>http://users.twave.net/lhsetzer/hahn.html

This thread: