CATAWBA-WEST-L Archives

Archiver > CATAWBA-WEST > 2006-04 > 1144716429

From: "Charles Lail" <>
Subject: Mahala Lafone
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:47:09 -0400

I haven't tried in a while, and there are newcomers to Catawba West, so here goes;

I am hunting info on Mahala Lafone, d/o Daniel and Rachel Hefner lafone. Born ca 1850-1852, Catawba County, 1870 CC census places her in the home of George Herman as Mahala Laifon. 1880 CC census puts her in the County Poor House as Mahaly Leffong, 26 yrs old, and 3 months old Edward with her. She married Daniel Sheppard July 27, 1882. No further records can be found. I located a granddaughter in SC who told me Mahala and Daniel Sheppard lived in the Catfish section of Catawba County, and that Mahala died with Tuberculosis. I would like to know Mahala's final resting place. Can anyone help? Thanks ahead of time.

Charles Lail
Catawba County

--
It has removed 1062 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

This thread: