CATLETT-L Archives

Archiver > CATLETT > 2005-01 > 1106991768

From: "Lilly" <>
Subject: Henrietta Catlett, w/o Lawrence Campbell
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:42:48 +0300

I am researching the Campbell families of Nelson Co., and Amherst Co, VA in
the time frame of 1750 thru 1860 census.

We are 3 Campbell men, said to have been married each to a Catrlett female:

1. Lawrence Campbell, m. Henrietta Catlett
2. Henry Campbell, m. Charity Catlett
3. Francis Campbell, m. Isabelle Catlett

These 3 above men, are NOT related as father and son. They might be related
back in Scotland, but they are separate men, who all married Catlett women
in colonial Virginia. They were all neighbors in the same 2 county area,
which sat on the Piney River.

The Taliaferro family was another family line of the exact same area, at the
exact same time frame. They were neighbors as well.

I would like to hear the comments of any researcher who might be able to
address any of these names, or the location alone.

> #1. www.rootsweb.com Go to Family Trees; plug in the name:
> John Catlett b. 1723 d. 1778 s/o William
> Go thru that material. That will list his daughter Isabell Catlett. That
would be the wife of Francis Campbell.

> #2. Look at John Catlett b. 1778 VA, married to Sarah Taliaferro
>
> #3. Look at John Catlett b. 1680 VA, married to Mary Taliferro
>
> #4. Look at John Catlett b. 1559 England, married to Elizabeth Tailferro
>

> #5. Look at Henrietta Amerilla Catlett b. about 1739 Caroline Co VA, d/o
John Neal Catlett, mother unnamed, married to Lawrence Campbell b. about
1735 Scotland.

> Now switch websites, go to: www.familysearch.org
> #1. Look for Lawrence CaMPBELL b. about 1735 Scotland
> Buried at Locust Mountain, Amherst Co., VA
> married: Henrietta Catlett , m. about 1759 Spotsylvania, Caroline Co VA

Hope to hear from any Catlett researcher who is working on colonial Virginia
time frame.
Best regards,
Lilly Martin

This thread: