CAUSEY-L Archives

Archiver > CAUSEY > 2007-01 > 1170095753

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CAUSEY] Anyone There David Causey - Lewis Dean Causey
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:35:53 -0000

Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.causey/74.90.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Mr. Killian--thank you--I enjoyed reading about family. I have prominent desendents back to the A. Revolution but since my father was adopted,I cannot become a D.A.R. member (bloodline) something I was truly interested in.

My aunt has done a family tree of the Causey/Fairbanks lineage--moreso on Fairbanks side. If you can give me an idea what specifics you are interested in, maybe I can narrow it down.
I talked with my father about the plantation; he and his twin Dean would be pulled out of school to round up the cattle with his dad.He was around 6 years old and he remembers falling off a horse and breaking his neck.He said that this plantation was purchased for $1.00/acre--4000 acres .

Mary Adelaide was born July 30th 1875/ died October 23rd 1961. Captain Lewis Dean was her fourth husband m in 1929.
She was the oldest child, and had four brothers Warren b/1878---Frederick Cole b/1881---Richard Monroe b/1883---and Robert b/1886.

M. Adelaide adopted four children and two sets of twins.
George F, Ruth, twins Evelyn/Adelaide, twins David/Dean, Lucy and Angela.

I am attempting to research my fathers' biological line but I know It will be difficult. He and his twin brother were born on January 11, 1930 in Providence, Rhode Island and their original names were Richard and Frances. My father remembers something about an orphanage inAtlanta, Georgia. His twin died in 1987.

Again, thank you for the previous information--I am just in the "getting my feet wet" stage.

This thread: