CAVENDER-L Archives

Archiver > CAVENDER > 2005-01 > 1106171495

From: <>
Subject: Re: [CAVENDER] Coat of Arms w/ Lion & Roses
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:51:39 -0600

This inquiry is for B Brooks Cavender regarding your 1/05/05 posting.

I am also researching Cavenders of Westmoreland Co VA, specifically Ezekiel.
He may have been in Rowan Co NC in the 1790s or earlier, and is found in the
1800 Pendleton Dist SC census. My line is through Ezekiel's son Clemeth. I
know quite a bit about Clemeth and his family but less about his siblings,
and not much about his father Ezekiel.

My notes say Ezekiel came from England to Maryland, then to Westmoreland Co
VA about 1770. I have no information yet when he immigrated, or about his
parents, his siblings or his wife. He appears to have had at least five
children (Catherine, Clemeth, James, George and Joseph), some of whom went
to GA and some to TN. I have not yet explored records to see if these
Cavenders rec'd any land in TN for NC military service. Some of Ezekiels
children appear to perhaps be too young for Rev War service.

I would appreciate hearing from you to learn more about this Cavender
family. I would be happy to send any information I have that might be
helpful to you.

Thank you,
Mary Ann Harding