CAVINESS-L Archives

Archiver > CAVINESS > 2010-05 > 1273285390

From: janie carroll <>
Subject: Re: [CAVINESS] Richard Caviness 1754 Chatham Co NC
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 19:23:10 -0700 (PDT)

re: william caviness
james harrison caviness (bud)  was my grandfather.  mary polly fox caviness was my greatgrandmother. i have a little information but i will need to look for it.  i can only tell you a little that i know.  i too have had some bad info so it is a little hard to track, i dont think mary polly's husbands name  was richard william, not sure though.  they were both born and raised in n.c.  mary polly is rumored to be indian and on the rolls in n.c. also there is a marriage license recorded in n.c. mary polly moved to missouri with 2 of her sons after her husband died. ( fled is more like it if there was any truth to family rumor, it was said that she killed her husband after one to many beating,)  family rumor.    my grandfather james harrison was one of the sons. i dont know the name of the other son.  you will find my grandfather listed on the missour census, my fathers name was john walter caviness. if this helps you and your interested in
the little more info that i have, let me know and i will try to find it for you.some of the names you mentioned sound right as does catham co. i wish you more luck than i had,   sincerely, janie carroll