CAYOLO-L Archives

Archiver > CAYOLO > 2006-06 > 1150175433

Subject: Re: Peter Moritz SCHAEFFER (1930-2003) (obit.)
Date: 12 Jun 2006 23:10:33 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/JY.2ADE/2515.1

Message Board Post:

re: Suzanne MANOVILL, sister of Dr. Schaeffer, what is Mr. Manovill's name & of whom is he descended? My great grandfather was Adolf Siegfried Manovill who came to the U.S. from Austro-Hungary in 1881. One of his daughter's was Bertha Manovill [wife & widow of Ben Leder & my maternal grandmother]. When Ben Leder died very young in the 1920s, my grandmother resumed her AngloSaxon sounding name in order to get a job -there was considerable prejudice against the Germanic 'Leder". Their sole child was my mother, Frances B. Leder, who married my father, Ben Sonz. I was named after everyone: Benedict Francis Manovill Sonz.
My grandmother had 7 or 8 siblings; so, I wonder if the husband of Suzanne Manovill is a relation of mine.
thanks for your help
benedict f. manovill-sonz

This thread: