CECIL-L Archives

Archiver > CECIL > 1999-01 > 0917668677

From: Randy Jones <>
Subject: Re: British Isles (LDS) (fwd)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:57:57 -0500 (EST)

From: Paul and Dorothy Tobler <>

All I know is what was sent on this, however it seems logical that there
may be a connection here. Sorry that information here can not establish
this link. Possibly Penny has something but I don't. We all would like
to clear this up. Till Later, Paul

Agree on your line too by the way.
--------------------------
This may help we hope. Can go back further on this line.
----------
Found this info on Vital Records British Isles for your consideration:
==========
PARSON, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:7 Jun 1635Recorded in:Saint Thomas, Lewes, Sussex,
England
Father:Thomas PARSON
Source:FHL Number 1067241Dates:1606-1881
PARSONS, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:26 Nov 1637Recorded in:Rowde, Wiltshire, England
Father:Thomas PARSONS
Mother:Joane
Source:FHL Number 1279345Dates:1606-1885
PARSONS, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:8 Feb 1642Recorded in:Christchurch, Hampshire, England
Father:Anthony PARSONS
Source:FHL Number 1041289Dates:1584-1804
PARSON, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:7 Dec 1644Recorded in:Steyning, Sussex, England
Father:Walter PARSON
Source:FHL Number 1068527Dates:1565-1791
PARSON, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:Sep 1645Recorded in:Dry Drayton, Cambridge, England
Father:Francis PARSON
Mother:Agnes
Source:FHL Number 1040465Dates:1564-1871
PARSON, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:2 Nov 1645Recorded in:Steyning, Sussex, England
Father:John PARSON
Source:FHL Number 1068527Dates:1565-1791
PARSON, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:29 Sep 1657Recorded in:Warnham, Sussex, England
Father:Thomas PARSON
Source:FHL Number 1068527Dates:1558-1709
PARSONS, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:12 Jun 1669Recorded in:Teversall, Nottingham, England
Father:William PARSONS
Mother:Elizabeth
Source:FHL Number 503821Dates:1600-1792
PARSONS, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:30 Aug 1672Recorded in:Mansfield, Nottingham, England
Father:Thomas PARSONS
Mother:Elizabeth
Source:FHL Number 503789Dates:1598-1720
PARSONS, ThomasChristening
Sex:Male
Christening Date:30 Mar 1675Recorded in:Abbey Dore, Hereford, England
Father:Herculi PARSONS
Mother:Annae
Source:FHL Number 993072Dates:1660-1795
--------------------
PARSONS, ThomasMarriage
Wife:Allice WASSE
Marriage Date:28 Nov 1665Recorded in:Mansfield, Nottingham, England
Source:FHL Number 503789Dates:1598-1720

=================

Ancestors of Elizabeth 'Evans' Griffith

Generation No. 1

1. Elizabeth 'Evans' Griffith, born Abt. 1668 in Cool Springs, Manor,
Calvert, MD; died 16 June 1752 in Will Pr., Prince George Co., MD. She was
the daughter of 2. Samuel 'Willoughby' Griffith, Sir and 3. Elizabeth
Evans. She married (1) Guy-Gwy 'Wright' White, Jr. Abt. 1690 in Maryland.
He was the son of Guy-Gwy White, Sr. and Sarah Wright. She married (2)
Thomas Miles Abt. 1713.

Children of Elizabeth Griffith and Guy-Gwy White are:
i.Francis 'Griffith' White, born 1690 in Calvert, MD; died Unknown.
ii.Sarah 'Griffith' White, born 1692 in Calvert, MD; died Bef. 1761;
married William CoaleV.
iii.Samuel 'Griffith' White, born 1694 in Calvert, MD; died 1779;
married Elizabeth Beall.
iv.Guy 'Griffith' White, born 1696-1711 in Cool Springs Manor, Calvert,
MD; died Unknown; married Unknown Belt.
v.Elizabeth 'Griffith' White, born 1708 in Cool Springs Manor, Calvert,
MD; died 1765 in Anne Arundel, MD; married Mordecai 'Parsons' Price, Jr. 28
April 1724 in Baltimore, Dorchester, Anne Arundel, MD.

Marriage Notes for Elizabeth White and Mordecai Price:
(Fol 123) Anne Arundel County Maryland certificate from West River Monthly
Meeting

Mordecai Price II son of Mordecai and Mary Price, of Baltimore Co., Md. and
Elizabeth White, daughter of Guy White and Elizabeth, late of Prince
George's Co. Province of Maryland.

Having appeared at two monthly meetings of the people called Quakers, in
the County of Anne Arundel and Calvert, in said province and declared their
intention of marriage with each other.

Now these are to certify to all whom it may concern that on the 28th day of
the 2nd month (April) in the year of our Lord 1724, the said Mordecai Price
and Elizabeth White appeared in a public assembly of the said people, met
together for worship in Prince George's Co. Md. and formally took each
other for man and wife.

Mordecai Price
Elizabeth White

WITNESS
Thomas MilesBenjamin Price
John MilesJohn Price
Sarah-PlummerSarah Price
Elizabeth Carr

vi.Benjamin 'Griffith' White, born 1699-1710; married Elizabeth
'Edmonson' Smith Abt. 1730.

Child of Elizabeth Griffith and Thomas Miles is:
i.Rachel 'Griffith' Miles, born Abt. 1714; died Unknown; married John
Plummer 18 March 1735/36 in West River Friends Meeting House, MD.

Generation No. 2

2. Samuel 'Willoughby' Griffith, Sir, born Abt. 1637 in Wigmore, Wales;
died 1717 in Calvert Co., MD. He was the son of 4. Henry 'Throckmorton'
Griffith and 5. Margaret Willoughby. He married 3. Elizabeth Evans Bef.
June 1651 in Wales.
3. Elizabeth Evans, born Abt. 1638 in Wales; died 1718 in Calvert Co., MD.

Child of Samuel Griffith and Elizabeth Evans is:
1i.Elizabeth 'Evans' Griffith, born Abt. 1668 in Cool Springs, Manor,
Calvert, MD; died 16 June 1752 in Will Pr., Prince George Co., MD; married
(1) Guy-Gwy 'Wright' White, Jr. Abt. 1690 in Maryland; married (2) Thomas
Miles Abt. 1713.

Generation No. 3

4. Henry 'Throckmorton' Griffith, born 1603 in Wigmore, Wales; died Aft.
1646. He was the son of 8. Henry Griffith and 9. Elizabeth 'Whorwood'
Throckmorton. He married 5. Margaret Willoughby Abt. 1639.
5. Margaret Willoughby, born 14 May 1605 in Risley, Derby, EN; died
Unknown. She was the daughter of 10. Henry Willoughby and 11. Elizabeth
Knollys.

Child of Henry Griffith and Margaret Willoughby is:
2i.Samuel 'Willoughby' Griffith, Sir, born Abt. 1637 in Wigmore, Wales;
died 1717 in Calvert Co., MD; married Elizabeth Evans Bef. June 1651 in Wales.

Generation No. 4

8. Henry Griffith, born Abt. 1557 in Wigmore, Wales; died Unknown. He
married 9. Elizabeth 'Whorwood' Throckmorton 1583 in Coughton,
Warwickshire, EN.
9. Elizabeth 'Whorwood' Throckmorton, born Abt. 1565 in Coughton,
Warwickshire, EN; died Unknown. She was the daughter of 18. Thomas
'Berkeley' Throckmorton and 19. Mary Whorwood.

Child of Henry Griffith and Elizabeth Throckmorton is:
4i.Henry 'Throckmorton' Griffith, born 1603 in Wigmore, Wales; died Aft.
1646; married Margaret Willoughby Abt. 1639.

10. Henry Willoughby, born 14 September 1579 in Of Risley, Derbyshire,
EN; died 20 November 1649. He married 11. Elizabeth Knollys.
11. Elizabeth Knollys, born 1579 in Of Rotherfieldgrays, Oxfordshire, EN;
died Bef. 1621. She was the daughter of 22. Henry Knollys and 23. Margaret
Cave.

Child of Henry Willoughby and Elizabeth Knollys is:
5i.Margaret Willoughby, born 14 May 1605 in Risley, Derby, EN; died
Unknown; married Henry 'Throckmorton' Griffith Abt. 1639.

======================================
At 09:27 PM 1/29/99 -0500, you wrote:

><< << Wm CICILL md Jane PARSONS 28 MAY 1661 in Abbey Dore, Hereford, Eng. >>
> Hi Paul:
>
> Thanks for the info. This William and Jane Cecil DID have a son named
> William, born 1667. I don't know anything more about him...but the age
would
> be correct. Abbey Dore is an old Exeter Cecil site, by the way.
>
> Penny >>
>
>Does anyone know if this Jane PARSONS could have any connection to the Thomas
>PARSONS in Anne Arundel Co., MD, whose will was entered for probate May 31,
>1684? His wife was Isabelle H[unknown]. Thomas PARSONS had a daughter,
>Isabelle, who md. Anthony HOLLAND, and a daughter, Mary, who md. Mordecai
>PRICE whose son, Mordecai PRICE II is said to have md. Elizabeth WHITE,
>daughter of Elizabeth GRIFFITH and Guy WHITE? This according to v. 5 of
>Colonial Families of the United States of America, pp. 358-59.
>
>Thomas PARSONS + Isabelle, and Mary PARSONS + Mordecai PRICE I are my direct
>ancestors.
>
>I very much wish to learn how right or wrong (or somewhere inbetween) that
the
>GRIFFITH lineage is in the Colonial Families volume. Any guidance would be
>much appreciated. --Wilene Smith in KS

Please visit our home page. It will always be under construction. Our
latest addition is the World War II Memorial to the lost 52 Submarines and
their men.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/3778/index.htm

This thread: